[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Is Blog and Ping Dead? : Web Site Promotion

Is Blog and Ping Dead?

Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:27 am

For the last week I have been trying to promote my websites using Blog ang Ping method. I have used Blogger.com and Wordpress however the sites are still not indexed. Is it just me or has anyone has the same problem? I used Blog Auto Machine and Blog Burner. Even doing the process manually doesnt get you far. It looks like my.yahoo changed their ping algorithm or something. Any ideas? I am frustrated
L:exa

Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:22 am

blogvp.com

Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:57 am

I ping with Yahoo ping and pingomatic (standard ping commands that BlogAutoMachine comes with.

[URL deleted - please use your signature file - Moderator]

I usually make posts on my blog with the links to the pages which I would like to promote. Worked before, doesnt work anymore :(

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:35 am

It might be that your blog was flaged as spam, with so many links that link to more pages of links. You might want to get out of the blogger.com control and get your own domain.

Andy
blogvp.com

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:48 pm

I tried getting a site noticed and indexed recently with blog and ping and met with no success.

A year ago this was big news but that usually means the Engines will fix the "problem". My guess is that at the very least it is not nearly as effective anymore.
wallybob

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:47 am

BlogBurner.com just came out with a new system. I ll let you know if it works or not.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:28 pm

neiq

Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:37 am

neiq -
Did you use wordpress or blogger.com?

i assume you used standard yahoo! ping?

Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:44 pm

neiq

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:02 pm

birdie