[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
How Can You Avoid Hosting Shut-Down? : Web Hosting

How Can You Avoid Hosting Shut-Down?

Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:26 am

This is one topic that I want you to really consider.
For the past four days, I had my hosting account shutdown without warning. (MICFO has proven to me that small players are not worthy of their business, I lost trust in you as a hosting provider.)

That is really bad for business, in one sense it made me feel great, because I know that my site was really growing and traffic increase was the cause. On the other hand, I lost many of my visitors, who actually visit my site for acurate information on how to build a profitable website.

Yes, one day your there next day your gone, I got an error that I exceeded my bandwidth limit, and pow, my site gone.
The loss is something I would like everyone hosting sites online to avoid.

The biggest lost was the one hundred and something articles that I had loaded up to my site, I never did made a back-up of this site, so I lost those articles as well.

My question:

What could I have done differently to avoid my webhost shutting down on me without warning?
achiever

Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:07 am

For exceeding your bandwidth?

Did you try contacting them to buy more bandwidth? And, once this month is over, upgrade to a plan that gives you more bandwidth.
Jim Guinn

Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:16 am

I sent them an email, and they stated that they sent me a warning.
The strange thing is after I sent them a warning, then they sent both emails at the same time, a couple hours later.

They just refuse to admit, that they fowled up.
ah well, that's life, what can I say.

I moved my websites to another host.
Noone making affiliate commissions from me who don't act professionally.
achiever

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:06 am

deadlyminds

Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:41 pm

In regards to exceeding bandwidth:

That can sometimes happen if you "spike" your bandwidth. In other words, you send out advertising that gets a great response and many go to your page at the same time. Often there are limits as to how much bandwidth you can use at any given moment.

I personally use a webhosting company that understands this business. They own their own data center and connect directly with the "big boys".

What I REALLY like about them is their 24/7 service. If your site goes down at any time, you can contact them and even if it is in the middle of the night, they will get you back on line if it is humanly possible.

Even if a drunk driver takes the power down in the neighborhood, they have a big generator which automatically fires up and transfers the power so your site stays up. (This is a true story... it happened just a year ago).

Oh, and they're also very reasonably priced. Hosting packages range from less than $6 a month to $25 a month for tons of service. You can also get dedicated servers from them with custom configurations and cost quotes.

For more information, private message me and I'll put you in touch with them. They currently service clients in 117 countries.

Shari Thomas
Forest Grove OR
therealshari

Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:57 pm

There are a ton of shady webhosting companies that are usually just 1 person running them.

To find great companies and also the bad ones check out
www.webhostingtalk.com

They have reviews on thousands of webhosts if you just use the search function.
ninjatune

Return to Web Hosting