[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Google Being Blamed for Phony Blogs : Blogging For Beginners - Page 3

Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:44 pm

AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:53 pm

Charlie

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:23 pm

Phil Tanny

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:20 pm

Phil Tanny

Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:24 am

Phil might I sugges you grab weinberger's book, small pieces loosely joined?

And this might also add some flavor to the conversation: ." (my title not the author's.)

This topic on quality and content is a tough one. Mainly because of the mass subjectivity of it. Let's look at this forum alone. Quality content? What does that mean anyway?

I tend to think of conversations as trash dumps. We throw what we have in and recycle it over and over and over again. I think the problem comes when we believe what we say is not trash.

"Oh no, not what I say. What I say and like is to be offered as a sacrifice to the g-ds." Of course, that too, is eaten by theives and the homeless and wasted out in its own way. How fitting.

Search engine spam is non-existent. Come on, you have venture capitalists and investment bankers for all three engines meeting in the backrooms both prior their ipo and then making phone calls to the executive staff asking for a bump in profit. Those guys meet in backrooms and do "spammy" stuff in order to float the stock in the first place.

So, no, I do not think it appropriate to compare an already tilted windmill to email spam which is push technology through channels that do not carry a profitable margin for carrying said data.

Instead of thinking in terms of "quality content" for the net perhaps choices need to be made for current projects on either a brandable and sellable entity or one that accepts it is just garbage from the start.

Besides, sell of one of your net properties to a buyer and see what you think of it once they hack it up. Ask time warner about that one...
Jscott

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:39 pm

Charlie

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:13 pm

Phil Tanny

Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:42 am

Phil Tanny

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:27 am

Phil Tanny

Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:39 pm

mikedom

Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:03 pm

AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:57 pm

i dont know allen thats a good question , ive been trying to figure out google this past year and i have no clue how they work .

Although ive been having a fairly good amount of success with my blogs , i cannot confirm that question with certainty .

if you want to see my [URL deleted - please use your signature file - Moderator] thats receiving 10000 hits a month for ideas here it is ,

( i get lots of traffic from google for keyword phrases and traffic from msn for major keywords , but google brings me more )

you can take out the link if you want , its only an example . My other web sites ( not blogs ) are still stuck in that penalty box like you said but then again theres some blogs of mine that are not doing so well either .
mikedom

Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:05 pm

so does it mean blogs are never penalised by google ?or in other words are they better than website if you want SE traffic
topaffiliateprogram

Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:34 am

rickstooker

Previous

Return to Blogging For Beginners