Disney images for printable coloring pages - how to get hem?

Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:14 am

Hi, everyone

I?m developing a site that offers printable images for kids to colorize. I would like to add some well-known characters, like Disney?s Mickey Mouse, 101 Dalmatians, and others. Does anyone knows what do I have to do to license this kind of content? It doesn?t necessary need to be from Disney, it could be from Pixar, Cartoon Network, etc.

I?ve seen a lot of lame coloring sites with Disney content. I don?t know if it is very easy to license ? I hope so! ? or if the sites have stolen the content. Anyway, any help in this matter will be welcome!

Thanks a lot,
--Malu
malukisses

Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:16 am

you would have to get licensing rights from the copyright and trademark holders ... And they will either decline your offer ... or charge you a fortune in royalty fees ...

More likely the former .... they guard use of their images very carefully ....

Sorry ...
GaryW

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Disney basically has an internal police force, who discovered and fines abuse their role. So, I think the official permission, will be a non-starter. This is a very simple compile your own with your favorite photos coloring book. Free print out, combined with a convenient collection of pages. You can download free images fascinating world of color.
bretkills

Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:07 am

There might be a few free Disney images out there. If not, you can hire an illustrator to draw you images that are similar to Disney characters, but not exactly. This might be better because at least YOU will own the artwork.
superplatinum

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 am

Never use contents that you downloaded from the web most of them are copy righted especially the Disney characters. Better to buy license from them or you can buy images from freelance artists.
Baroness

Return to Do-It-Your-Selfers