[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Shopping For Hosts, yet again... : Web Hosting

Shopping For Hosts, yet again...

Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:52 pm

My sites (at micfo.com) are down on an almost daily basis, so I am forced to yet again go host shopping. :-(

<INSERT 6 GIGS OF WHINING HERE>

If anybody has a host they'd like to brag about, I'm listening.

Here's two I'm considering:
http://axishost.com
http://site5.com

Thanks!
Phil Tanny

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:44 pm

radhika

Get a dedicated server

Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:19 pm

You can get a dedicated server at www.domainsoninternet.com

24/7 telephone support plus a lot of freebies.
darb

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:20 pm

edburdo

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:40 am

I'm not fond of 1&1 personally; I find them clunky and slow.

I've had a good experience with westhost.com, but it's possible I'm starting to outgrow them.

All the "more serious" people I talk to have a dedicated server. I think that's the way to go when you're getting some traffic.
blakekr

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:23 pm

robertb

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:39 pm

Phil Tanny

great webhosting!!

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:36 am

Here you pay$10/month for webhostig, website, web development tools, URL forwarding, up to 10 personal email addresses and so much more! ou can either use their templates for your website which is what had to use or use your own web devlopment tools!

check it out...the link is in my sig.
kuehn

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:50 pm

Mike Long

Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:25 am

Hey Mike,

It does help, thanks much. I'm starting with LiquidWeb.com, your top pick, and my first impressions are positive. I've learned the price of a hosting account is not important compared to reliability. You know, I spend hundreds of dollars of time over the last month doing my host's job for them etc...

Yes, a good friend uses Site5, and he is quite happy. I've seen some complaint threads too, but by itself that doesn't mean a lot.

VPS might be a good move for me, I'll learn more.

Thanks again, much appreciated.
Phil Tanny

Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:04 am

Charlie

Site5 Disaster

Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:39 pm

Charlie,

I just spent the afternoon trying to get up on Site5. They are a total disaster. First I was unable to log into my account with the default username/password they provided. Then they changed my username/password again as a response to my complaint but this one failed as welll.

Then I discovered that they had sent another username/password at the end of a billing confirmation email. This allowed me into my control panel but was unable to change the password, as they recommended. Finally, I was unable to publish to their temp location (pending DNS relocation).

I?ve sent numerous requests to support, billing, sales, and the CEO and as yet have received a response. When I log unto live chat they tell me they can?t help me. There is a toll-free number that goes to voice mail but directs all tech questions to the knowledge base?which does not exist.

Of all the web hosting companies I have used these people are hands-down the worst.

Dennis
Dennis_JM

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:32 pm

My short time at LiquidWeb has been A-OK so far.

Some minor setup problems, which were dealt with quite quickly. Don't tell anybody, but I was actually happy to have a few initial problems, as it gave me a chance to taste the support response. I'm happy with it.

Charlie, hmm, I don't envy you the job of moving 700 domains to anywhere. :-(

You might ask whatever host you choose if they can move them for you. I'm not sure about this, but I think WebHost Manager, a very common control panel, has the ability to import accounts from WHM on other servers.

6 weeks after my initial post above, Micfo continues it's ongoing descent in to the sewer line. It's been a strange experience to watch someone needlessly trash their own company, what a waste... A big announcement was supposedly scheduled for today, but never materialized.
Phil Tanny

Re: Site5 Disaster

Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:47 am

Charlie

Re: Site5 Disaster

Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:06 pm

Phil Tanny

Next

Return to Web Hosting