[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
micfo.com or wirenine.com : Web Hosting

micfo.com or wirenine.com

Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:21 pm

Sorry I am new here and do not know if this belongs here. Anyone have any experience with www.wirenine.com or www.micfo.com?

I need a small hosting plan for personal family gallery, only access to my relatives and family members. My budget is $3-5 because I do not need that much space or bandwidth. Micfo offers more space and bandwidth but wirenine is more within my budget since I do not really need that much space or bandwidth, what should I do? Is more better or less expensive better? Please help me choose between those two or find a better cheaper host :oops:
iwantipod

Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:07 am

AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:14 pm

I'd probably steer clear of micfo for now, some kind of trouble going on there. You can tell them I said so if you want. :-)

A programmer I greatly trust just signed up with
http://site5.com/ So far he is pleased. I think they have a $7 plan.

If it's just for your family, why not consider one of the free hosts? I know there are a bunch of them, but it's been years since I've used them, so I forget their names.

This may be overkill for you, but if you learn how to get very comfortable moving from one host to another, then these decisions are easier, especially if your site is just for fun. Good luck!
Phil Tanny

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:16 am

iwantipod

AVOID MICFO AT ALL COSTS

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:05 pm

To say that Micfo is experiencing trouble is a gross understatement. It was pretty reliable 1 year ago, but much has changed since then:

My site is down CONSTANTLY and customers are leaving my business because of it. Micfo destroyed my e-mail system when copying my site to another server. (How can you damage anything when you're only supposed to be making a COPY??) I've had to hire (read: PAY) a programmer twice to correct problems that they created and didn't know how to fix. Twice when they've moved my site to a new server (with no prior notice given to me that would have enabled me to make a backup copy of my data immediately beforehand), they forgot to move the databases with it, so once my site was moved to the new server, it appeared without any information. This took hours for them to correct = MORE down time, more angry customers and more money wasted on advertising my business to people who would visit my site and see that nothing was working, because of Micfo.

I've since moved on to another hosting provider to keep my business alive. When returning to hosting forums to warn others of my experience, I've found that several other people are experiencing similar problems with them. BUYER BEWARE.
webiferous

Return to Web Hosting