[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Link Exchange...do they really work? : Web Site Promotion

Link Exchange...do they really work?

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:50 pm

Sari

Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:55 pm

oneway links are much better than link exchanges. Write an article with your link in it and post it in article directories.
beingcre8tive

Thanks for replying

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:41 pm

Beingcreative,

Thanks for the advice. I have already started writing my first article and hopefully by next week i will submit it to a list of directories. Thanks!
Sari

Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:36 pm

vishalrao

Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:41 pm

varunpratap

link exchange

Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:33 pm

I don't try to get links for PR. It would do me little good because I am in one of the most competitive areas on the net. I get links strictly for the traffic. When you dothat, I have decided that it really doesn't matter much what the other pages have for page rank.

Now temper what I just said with the fact that I am not blowing the doors off of anything in my quest to make a living on the web. I am showing slow but steady progress in my numbers each month on my main site. Now working on other sites to bring them along.
smattering

Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:58 am

john2698

Thanks for responding

Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:52 pm

To everyone,

Thanks for responding and offering your advice. I've already established some links with companies in the same industry and i have just finished submitting my first article to a list of websites. I appreciate everyone's response.

Sari
[URL deleted - AGAIN! - Moderator]
Sari

Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:50 pm

So if I put the link to my website here

[Definitely NOT here!! URL removed. Go to PROFILE and then edit the signature file box using BBCODE (refer to the adjacent link to a tutorial) and all your messages will instantly display your URL in the signature file as long as you tick the box to include your signature - Moderator]

does that count as a oneway link to my website, or does it have to be in a specific section of the other (in this case, this one) site? If I want to improve my rank, should I just start bouncing around to forums, sticking my link everywhere?
finger

Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:38 am

AllanGardyne
Site Admin

keyword in link instead of website name - works really good

Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:05 am

if you are going to exchange links make sure your keyword is in the actual link instead of your website name. It will give you a much higher ranking in the search engines
aagiles

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:11 am

Some reciprocal linking is not bad but you should never rely on it. Too many reciprocal links and you may do yourself harm so keep them to a lower percentage of your overall links. Get the articles out there and start asking for some one way links when the chance arises.
wallybob

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:47 pm

robertb

Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:25 pm

wallybob

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:50 pm

Gerardas Norkus

Next

Return to Web Site Promotion