[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
I Have Been Blog-Spammed Left And Right! : Blogging For Beginners

I Have Been Blog-Spammed Left And Right!

Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:28 am

One particular post of mine at my blog has been collecting lots of spam up until now. While the post was made in early May, and since I forward all comments to my mailbox, I get plenty of sickening spams as a result of the comments posted in that particular post. Wonder why.

The last time I checked it had 604 comments - all whopping spams. Any idea on what have I possibly done to make that happen (bsides the possiblity of something I did in my past lifetime)?

The only clue I can think of was the time I registered for the feeds.
EdmundLoh

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:24 am

Declan OReilly

Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:28 am

EdmundLoh

Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:51 pm

Cloak

Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:28 pm

Blog spammers scrap sites and then spam those blogs. It has nothing to do with 'bad neighborhoods' or who you're linking to.

What can you do?

Well, you can turn off your comments for one. If you want to keep them on, you can set up a before people sign in.

Also, depending on the blog software you have, some people have written scripts to combat blog spam.
Voasi

Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:23 am

Declan OReilly

Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:28 am

EdmundLoh

Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:40 am

Declan OReilly

Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:51 am

Voasi

Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:54 pm

EdmundLoh

Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:59 am

You mean sickening like how we were posting at 4:30AM this morning? ;)

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your blog being spammed. I'm trying to start a new one too, but I guess that will not be spammed because it's about Photoshop and graphic stuff.

However, I'll take the safety measure and turn comments off... 8)
hydrospell

Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:27 pm

well it seems like blog spamming is too much for internet market...
I hav blogs n thank god none of them got spammed...
Varun
varunpratap

Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:59 pm

Hydrospell, it's more sickening than us posting at 4.30 a.m. because it seems that the SPAM were automated that the bums don't need to be around at an unearthly hour to do it.

I have taken care of the problem. Fortunately, it was only one of my post that collected the 909 comments (the last figure I saw before deleting and re-posting it).

You can turn the comments off but since they don't happen anymore and think it's a rare case (I have never heard of blog spam until I got one myself), you can leave it on maybe - just be careful lol

You'd be surprised that you will get spammed no matter what the subject of your blog is. I now have very, very old blogs and guestbooks (3-5 years old lol) I don't update anymore becoming a SPAM collection of adult and solicited marketing ads that you don't need to hire a copywriter :P.
EdmundLoh

Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:32 pm

hydrospell

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:52 pm

EdmundLoh

Next

Return to Blogging For Beginners