[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
web hosting for multiple domains : Web Hosting

web hosting for multiple domains

Tue May 17, 2005 5:47 pm

terryt

Tue May 17, 2005 9:43 pm

dabrat76

Wed May 18, 2005 12:35 pm

mdmsports

Wed May 18, 2005 2:28 pm

edburdo

Wed May 18, 2005 2:44 pm

dabrat76

Wed May 18, 2005 2:54 pm

edburdo

Wed May 18, 2005 3:02 pm

dabrat76

Thu May 26, 2005 10:16 pm

Hi there,

The hosting company I use allows me to host 75 subdomains (something.mydomain.com) and 15 full domains. I also have about 7000 MB of disk space. This may be a bit more than you were looking for, but they also offer smaller packages as well.

Incidentally, they also give away a free domain name registration with all new accounts and they will renew it for you for free each year you are a member.

Check my sig for details.

Hope this helps,

Jen
hostingp

Thu May 26, 2005 10:30 pm

LOL. Well, Tara, I will be ready to sign up for another hosting company soon, so yours is next on the list (and I'll definitely go to your blog for the link ;) ).

I'm in the process of signing up for Site5 right now, to replace a new host I was using - I basically cancelled that account before I even put anything up. The first thing I did when I got that account (the one I just cancelled) was to set up my email. Well, believe it or not, I started getting spam from that email almost immediately! The site wasn't even live. And then I started having trouble accessing the email, as well - my connection kept timing out. I thought it was a good sign to just say bye to the first month's payment and find another host :lol:

Site5 is pretty good (another friend recommended it), but not as cheap as Tara's host. My other host is Dreamhost, and they're absolutely wonderful, but on the pricier side. I bought in during their Christmas sale so am locked into a pretty good rate, luckily.

BJ
netadventures

Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:41 am

sophist

Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:12 am

rondo

Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:27 am

learn2earn

web hosting

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:00 pm

hello everyone - It looks like its time to update on this topic. I ended up going with E-max myself, but I'm sorry that I did. I have a site that has been on the net since around the end of May beginning of June, and the e-mail for that site is not working and I don't expect it will until I switch to another host.

For the time being I have given up on getting it working, which is pretty sad. I have e-mail at my v-store, my other web site, and at home, which all work fine. E-max is blaming my IP. My IP says that since all these other boxes work, the problem lies with e-max. My IP doesn't really want to do anything because its e-max's account. Their view is that since everything else works, e-max has configured something incorrectly.

I know that the story that e-max gave me was quickly proven to be bull. Their argument was that my antivirus program is interfering with the e-mail on my new site. The only problem is, it makes no difference even if it is disabled. In all fairness to e-max, they probably would help me further with this problem, but I don't care for the attitude that comes with it.

This might just be me, but I find the tutorials that e-max uses to be riddled with errors and inaccurracies. If you e-mail them to ask about it, they dance around your question, and whatever the problem is, is your fault, and you better be able to figure it out yourself, because all you're going to get is smart ass answers.

Also, at the time I signed up (1 1/2 months ago), I was told I would get a free domain name thrown in. I didn't have time to decide on one at the time, so I didn't take it when I signed up. Now they're saying nix on the new domain name. They're saying this was in effect many months ago, but not now. I'm sorry if I've hurt anyone's feelings here, but everything I'm telling you is totally true, and I cannot sit here and pretend that e-max is a good web host. I actually can't wait to get my account out of there. TT
terryt

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:34 pm

dabrat76

Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:37 am

learn2earn

Next

Return to Web Hosting