do travel affiliate website make money or not

Thu May 12, 2005 3:32 pm

I wanna start with a travel affiliate website.
Can I make money or not
mo

Thu May 12, 2005 4:08 pm

There are more experienced people than me here who could probably give you a more definite answer, but...

Travel is VERY competitive.

From everything I've read in terms of travel websites, what seems to work is focusing tightly on one area or country. I was suggested to look at Nori Evoy's site, http://www.anguilla-beaches.com as a good example. At 17, she apparently makes a good (adult wage) living from this site alone.

I opted to go for travel accessories, and to be honest, I think I went too broad for my first site. The general rule of thumb by those in the know is focus on one aspect of your niche as tightly as possible, and become THE authority on it.

Hope that helps!

Tara :)
dabrat76

Fri May 13, 2005 10:43 pm

It is possible, but as Tara says "it is VERY competative".

What the small people do who make it work are those that target a very small niches, ie. bed & breakfast in South Florida, or something like http://www.anguilla-beaches.com.

Those people hook up with the Realtors in the areas, or the excursion tours in the area, etc. They aren't trying to market "the lowest air fare", or rent-a-cars.

If you already have a unique "in" at some travel destination, you may have something that will work.
mikeherman

Tue May 31, 2005 11:39 am

Adsense will often be more lucrative then affiliate programs in the travel industry I think because the commisison paid are so low... but as the other said, the key is to target a unique niche and build great content about it, not just a shop with hundreds of affiliate links ;)
Polar

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 am

Of-course, you can make big dollar by travel affiliate websites, travel affiliate programs offer turnkey website, run traffic on website and start big earning.
Katherinearn

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:48 am

You can work with any niche.Obviously travel related niche is bit competitive but whether you will get success or make money will depend on the the type and level of promotion you can do to reach your target audience!
ishuvonet

Re: do travel affiliate website make money or not

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:50 am

mo wrote:I wanna start with a travel affiliate website.
Can I make money or not

Yes You can make money through travel affiliate.It is easy & simple just buy the turnkey travel affiliate website and earn.I share a website link having the information about how we earn money through travel affiliates.Visit travelerrr.com/business-explained for detailed information.
Katherinearn

Return to How to Earn More