[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Got free hosting? : Web Hosting

Got free hosting?

Sat May 07, 2005 11:31 pm

netreprenuer

Sat May 07, 2005 11:31 pm

Hi Netrepreneur, You are in a very common situation. There certainly are free hosting providers. I too tried geocities once upon a time. If you really want to generate an income, you cant have your potential customers distracted by ads. Ok so let me just say that the hosting provider I am suggesting took me six years to find and I am using it myself. Better yet you get a free domain name, and not one that takes two minutes to type. Check it out, Im sure you will be pleased.

Sun May 08, 2005 2:15 pm

OleTom

what about free web sites

Sun May 15, 2005 1:52 am

buddy16cat

Tue May 17, 2005 6:06 am

prohostfirm

Some free hosts.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:59 pm

kalesin

Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:52 am

learn2earn

Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:33 am

administrator
Site Admin

Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:00 pm

I stumbled onto one that was almost free. 1and1 was running a promotion about a year ago. You could sign up and get 3 years of their professional service for free. They've been great ever since. PHP, MySQL, all that stuff. Of course, that offer no longer exists, so you'd have to pay something.

So I'd say that unless you stumble onto a really good promotion with a legit hosting company, you're not going to find a decent free web host. After all, what's in it for them?

If you want to learn more about 1and1, here are two links.

[URLs deleted - Moderator]
CharlesWaters

Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:41 pm

Yes, I took advantage of that 1and1 free deal as well: now I have business hosting and a server package with them.

As for free hosting with no ads, I wouldn't trust most (1and1 was the exception because they are so huge). Companies simply can't offer it out of the goodness of their hearts: it does cost them something to support these types of sites.

If you're looking for a stable company and thus a website that won't disappear overnight, wiping out all you've worked hard for, I'd avoid free hosting packages. For as little as $10 a month, you can have a good hosting pacakge with little risk of losing everything.
robertb

GET2HOST.COM WILL GIVE YOU FREE HOSTING IF YOU ASK

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:21 am

If you want your website hosted for free, ask get2host.com and they will create an account for you with their silver plan... you only have to put their banner on your homepage.

I was looking for a good webhost and in my research i came across get2host.com. I asked if i could try out their service for a month for free and they said yes. After a month of using them i was very happy with them. They provide online tutorials that showed me how to do everything i need to know how to do and if i had a question, their support department is great... I would recommend get2host.com
rateddexx

Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:22 pm

If you find good free hosting for domains, please let me know I am currently searching for a host :)
iwantipod

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:11 am

I've looked high and low for a good free web host with a high standard of features.

For a few of my hobby websites, I've used . Unlimited bandwidth and space upon request - no popups or advertising, and easy to edit for beginners.

Best regards,
AndrewHealth

Return to Web Hosting