Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:34 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry I'm late seeing your post...I've been so busy I haven't been checking in as often as I should.

I'm not sure where you saw that "Tip #2." It wasn't on my site because I don't have a long list published anywhere but the ones I posted above, but I may be able to answer your question anyway.

There is one school of thought regarding article distribution that involves duplication of content and search engines filtering sites which have lower page rank that they determine to be hosting substantially similar (ie. duplicate) content as other sites. So, some people don't host their own articles for fear of being penalized by the SE's. Personally, I don't subscribe to this and I do have my own articles on my sites.

Hope this helps,
Gail :)
etcetera

Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:13 am

I have some articles in ezinearticles.com
and the article has a pr of 5 which links
back to my site which has a pr of 2.

I don't know why google does not rank my
site higher?

Both my sites rank high in Yahoo and
not at all in google. Strange...

Just have to triple my link partner efforts,
I'll have to force my way in the Google Kingdom
of traffic.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Sun May 15, 2005 10:55 am

I submit articles to article directories that meet a certain crieria which is:

1. The article directory must allow me to leave a link back to my site.
2. The page my article is to be displayed on must be available to SE spiders for indexing intheir search engines.

It's easy to find these types of article sites, just look at their archived articles and see if any have google page rank, or grab a little text or phrase from one of the articles and search it at google, if it's in the index the site qualifies.

I'm not very good at writing articles so I let a contract on elance and now each time I launch a new site, my guy from elance writes me a short article themed towards my site and then submits it to twenty article sites from a list I provide.

I put hundreds of sites online every few weeks and this is a brilliant strategy for gaining inbound links from popular/authority web sites. Belive me this works.

If you try this strategy you should be looking for article sites such as:

www.article-emporium.com
www.article-grinder.com
www.article-highway.com
websiting

Sun May 15, 2005 4:37 pm

websiting wrote:2. The page my article is to be displayed on must be available to SE spiders for indexing intheir search engines.

I don't really agree with that criteria. My purpose for submitting an article to article directories is to have a webmaster come in and decide to use it on their site, giving me some inbound links. Some of the larger article banks are so big that Google simply won't spider all of the pages, or the directory uses dynamic pages that have trouble getting spidered.

Most of the larger article banks have great traffic from webmasters, so it's not a problem getting the article distributed, regardless if the article can be found in the SEs.

I think if you use the criteria that the article must be spiderable, you're certainly selling yourself short interms of distribution audience.

As for PR issues, I really don't care if the article bank posts my article on a page that can gain some PR. I certainly won't mind it, but that's not my primary reason for submitting articles to article banks.
robertb

Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:37 am

I just checked my backlinks using search-it.

People are using the articles I wrote and submitted
on their websites, and blogs.

Pretty cool. :D

I'm going to submit some more.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:44 pm

I think ArticleCity closed down in April (at least they stopped accepting articles)

I use
http://www.articledepot.co.uk
http://www.goarticles.com and
http://www.ezinearticles.com

I know the top two allow you to use Anchor Text and my articles show up in a few days.

Hope that helps!
john89

Here's a new one

Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:09 am

websiting

Articles Source

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:35 pm

You can also submit articles at
ArticlesSource.com
Pixelhead

duplicate article content

Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:05 am

In response to someones concern about duplicate content
from submitting their article to directories, here is a solution:

Submit your articles to the article directories or using Jason
Potash's "article announcer" and when you put your own article
on your site just change a few words and maybe your title
a little bit.

This is what I do to prevent having the same article
I wrote for hundreds of websites be an exact duplicate
to the one I put on my website.

Hope that helps.

Peter
www.carbuyingscams.com
HumDog

Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:50 pm

If you are writing articles, you might want to take a look at a list of over 155 article directories ranked in PageRank order at the link below!

Start at the top and work down! The 80:20 principle says you'll get 80% of the benefit from the top 20% of the sites!

regards

Kai Chandler
kaichandler

New Article Directory to Submit Articles

Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:18 pm

I have just launched a new article directory where you can submit your articles:

http://www.mydailyarticles.com
python

Re: New Article Directory to Submit Articles

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:17 pm

python wrote:I have just launched a new article directory where you can submit your articles:

Thanks Gerardus - I'll add it to my directory next update.

regards

Kai
kaichandler

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:00 pm

I see Ken Nadreau and Hubert Daul have just announced a major update of Article Submitter Pro that is preloaded with over 500 websites.

Other key changes are:
- a Keyword Tab that you can use to highlight the keywords for each article you submit
- a Favorites tab so all the special sites you want to submit to can be separated from the rest and easily accessible.

I'll update my review very shortly (see sig)

regards to all!

Kai
kaichandler

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:51 pm

Ok, this is a very old thread, but, still, I would like to remark that article-emporium.com and isnare.com has been banned in Google.
divine

Previous

Return to James Martell's Methods