Blog and Script Directory Marketing

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:24 am

Advertise, advertise, advertise. PPC and search engine optimization/placement are leading ways of generating traffic to your Web site......but they're not the end all be all. One highly successul way I generate traffic to my Web site is through two forms of directories:

Blog Directories
Script Directories

Blog Directories

I mentioned this once before but if you write your own blog (on anything) I highly recommend you spend a few hours submitting your feed/blog to some of the more popular blog directories on the Web. I recently created my affiliate marketing blog and submitted it to the top 100 Blog directories on the Web. Thus far my traffic results have been most impressive. You can get a fantastic list of these blog directories from MasterNewMedia. The Webmaster of MasterNewMedia has done all the work for you so get listing.

Script Directories

Some of you may have created a desktop or web-based application for free or for sale. Did you it list it in the major script directories? This is a free way to advertise your new product and can potentially bring in a tidal wave of new prospects if your product meets the demand. In addition some of the more popular script directories like Hotscripts.com will also allow you to add your own directory or resource site...it's not just for scripts.

Here's a listing of the top script directories:

Hotscripts
WebScripts Directory
Scripts
NeedScripts.com
WebMaster Edge
CGI Directory
Script Search
SuperScripts
StephenR.

Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:07 pm

I have found that RSS is a really benefit with my websites in that it keeps the pages fresh and when the spiders come and visit, they always find something new, so they come back more often and rank me higher in the search engines.

Another great tool I found to get the spiders, both Google and Yahoo, coming immediately, not 4 - 6 weeks later is via bloging on blogspot (which is part of Google), setting up my.yahoo.com page to feature the RSS from my blog, then pinging Yahoo.

This tends to get Yahoo over to my site within hours and Google within a day or two.
mikeherman

Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:15 pm

Hello, What exactly is RSS? I see it on a lot of websites but don't exactly know what it is. Thanks.

-Mike
Mpress

Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:35 pm

AssociatePrograms has posted this info on the site. Check it out here:

http://www.associateprograms.com/what-is-rss.html
StephenR.

Return to Web Site Promotion