Pro web designer or D.I.Y.?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:53 am

My name is Erez, I've decided to enter the affiliate marketing world.
I have a problem with having a website.
A professional looking & working website built by a professional Web designer costs about 1000$.
When I build a website the pages load after about 3-4 seconds (I work with wordpress) and it doesn't look professional to me.
What do you advise me to do. Pay a professional or do it myself?
erez

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:01 am

Hi Erez,

Well not being able to see your site, this is really hard to answer. Perhaps you should submit your site in the review section of the forum - or put it in your sig. for people can see it.

As far as wordpress, the loading times can be pretty fast or pretty slow if you don't have the right plugins. Try installing a WP cache plugin if you haven't done so already. This could speed things up tremedously.

Also, if you're not happy with your design skills, and lack the motivation to learn it, then it would probably be best for you to outsource this task while you concentrate on other things that you can flow with better. If you check around I'm sure you can find some web designers to work with you for significantly less than $1000.
multimastery

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 am

Yes, too many plugins can be a common cause of your site loading slowly.

In answer to getting a web designer, outsourcer or not, ask yourself: how much do you want to be involved in your site? How much time do you have to spend on it? Do you want total control of it at all times?

Maybe it's just a matter of choosing a different theme and working from there. There is information http://affiliatemarketerscollege.com/wo ... esign.html on my site if you want your navigation to look more professional by creating a custom menu.

Also, try YouTube to find out how to do something.

regards
Catherine
CatK

Return to Do-It-Your-Selfers