Recruiting Affiliates

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 pm

As a Newbie Manager - I ask all you experienced people out there - what is the most effective way to recruit affiliates?

All answers are much appreciated.
Have a good one! 8)
Kate_Oranum

I'd also like to know the answer to this question

Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey,

I'd also like to know the answer to this question... not because I'm a Manager but because I'd like to recruit sub-affiliates for the 5 Pillar Affiliate program...

anyone?

I also wanted to add what I have found from other affiliate programs. I noticed that one way of recruiting affiliates is to offer some kind of contest(sounds obvious but every affiliate program that has attracted the big affiliates seem to have some kind of a contest).

Another thing that I have found through being an affiliate is that affiliates look for programs that offer the best affiliate resources. Most affiliate programs only offer banners and e-mail swipes but I'm always looking for affiliate programs that offer the best affiliate resources to their affiliates.

Hope this helps!
bandaid

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi bandaid

One powerful way of recruiting affiliates is going to conferences and approaching affiliates one at a time, face to face. If you do that, you're finding people who are serious about affiliate marketing, and some of them will be top performers.

It's hard to say to no if someone makes a good presentation one to one.

Another way is to find potential candidates and phone them. Again, it's not easy to say no in a one-to-one conversation.

I'm not sure how either of these techniques would work with recruiting sub-affiliates. Affiliates would know they were being sold and would know you're doing to it to try to earn second-tier commissions.

Here are a couple of articles I wrote which may give you more ideas...

How to find and recruit affiliates
http://www.AssociatePrograms.com/articl ... iates.html

How to find and recruit super affiliates
http://www.AssociatePrograms.com/articl ... iates.html

Good luck!
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:52 am

Thank you!

Always great help :)
Kate-OA

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates