How can i get advertisers to start affiliate marketing?

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:07 am

Hi,

I am looking to start affiliate marketing to earn more income.

I have read several articles on affiliate marketing and also gone through several websites providing information on affiliate marketing.

But still confused on some points..

If I will create website for particular product or several products of same niche.. what would be my next step?

How can i get advertisers to place affiliate links on my website?

Have several other doubts... Please help me friends..

Please give replies to my doubts so that i can proceed further to start affiliate marketing..
sarab23

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:51 am

There is no need for you to go on search, just join a good affiliate network and they will help you to suggest lots of advertisers. Affiliate networks are very useful.
morellhenrik

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:54 am

Ok... thanks.
But can i select good advertiser for my website.
sarab23

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:56 am

Once you are registered with a Good Affiliate network you will have lots of choices in your niche. So selected the once which attracts you with there commission or whatever it may be.
morellhenrik

Re: How can i get advertisers to start affiliate marketing?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:42 am

sarab23 wrote:Hi,

I am looking to start affiliate marketing to earn more income.

I have read several articles on affiliate marketing and also gone through several websites providing information on affiliate marketing.

But still confused on some points..

1) If I will create website for particular product or several products of same niche.. what would be my next step?

How can i get advertisers to place affiliate links on my website?

Have several other doubts... Please help me friends..

Please give replies to my doubts so that i can proceed further to start affiliate marketing..

As a beginner I suggest you view this video by top marketer Joel Comm at VideoFileShare to get a good background on the industry: http://www.mediafileshare.com/video/6057

To answer your question (which I have marked as 1) above.

1) Having a website is only one of many ways to market as an affiliate - but if you use this method your next step will be to do whatever on and offsite SEO is required to get your site found and ranked high in the Search Engines - so that buyers can find you.

Frankly I would not recommend this method to get started out on. It's far too slow to show any decent money and far to complex for a beginner.

Have you considered simply using any of the many direct advertising methods to promoting products online as an affiliate, without a website?

There are several advantages especially if you utilize the modern multi-tier affiliate (not MLM) programs that provide up to 100% commissions on the front end (the initial sale) and tag that buyer to you for life so that you gain further commissions (normally 10-30%) on all follow on sales/upsells etc. Typically your downline affiliates and often the vendor will promote for you, bringing in more commissions without further direct involvement by you.

This type of affiliate marketing can put money in your pocket tomorrow, whereas building and ranking a site can take months.
AllanJames

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:29 pm

AllanJames wrote: There are several advantages especially if you utilize the modern multi-tier affiliate (not MLM) programs that provide up to 100% commissions on the front end (the initial sale) and tag that buyer to you for life so that you gain further commissions (normally 10-30%) on all follow on sales/upsells etc.

Hi. Let me see if I get this right. As an affiliate you get 100% from the iniatial sale ? But what if there is no upsell ? Is ok for advertiser ?

And if there is, how the affiliate can verify this, to be sure that he gets his 10-30% ? Thanks!
theodorus13

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:28 pm

theodorus13 wrote:
AllanJames wrote: There are several advantages especially if you utilize the modern multi-tier affiliate (not MLM) programs that provide up to 100% commissions on the front end (the initial sale) and tag that buyer to you for life so that you gain further commissions (normally 10-30%) on all follow on sales/upsells etc.

Hi. Let me see if I get this right. As an affiliate you get 100% from the initial sale ? But what if there is no upsell ? Is ok for advertiser ?

And if there is, how the affiliate can verify this, to be sure that he gets his 10-30% ? Thanks!

1) The vendor always provides at least one upsell as part of a very well optimized sales funnel. In one offer I promote there is a total of seven upsells and downsells in the funnel.

2) I always make sure I work with vendors who have a high reputation but, actually, very few vendors (I haven't come across any!) would risk their reputation or risk loosing affiliates by not being honest.
AllanJames

Sat May 05, 2012 1:41 pm

All you have to do is join affiliate group programs like ClickBank, Amazon affiliates and Google Affiliates (new). Then, you can get the html code on the advertising coupon links or images.
dame016

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:41 am

You don't make advertisers place their links on your site ( although this might happen ) ... you take the links provided ( with your affiliate id ) and place them on your site.
aditd

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:58 am

Hi All

You can Put a link on the website for advertisers to inquire about placing ads on the site. Include a little bit of information about your traffic and other stats to make it easy for advertisers to see whether they'd be interested in advertising on the site.

Thanks
Affiliate Manager
Sagar Awasthi
Vip Cars
vipcarsaff

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 am

sarab23 wrote:How can i get advertisers to place affiliate links on my website?

I think you might be confused on one point, so please let me clarify.

Your goal shouldn't be for other advertisers to place affiliate links on your website. Your goal, rather is to find quality affiliate programs to promote, generate an affiliate link, and place YOUR affiliate link for that product on your website. Make sense?

Now, as far as placing advertisements on your website, you can do that with Google Adsense, which pays you whenever someone clicks on the advertisements. Of course, to generate traffic, it helps when you start out with unique, quality content.
Getagrip7

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Do not simply join one affiliate network.

There are an absolute plethera of them out there, and you are always wisest to retain relations with multiple ones, also spreading your risk.

Affiliate marketing, or any internet business is very simple, in the fact that there are 3 simple elements:

1) Traffic
2) Conversion
3) Economy

Traffic is the commodity that we buy, or generate.

Conversion is the method by which we sell this commodity/make money from it.

Economy is the way in which we scale our business through good cashflow management, and legal practice.

As an affiliate, your supplier is the source from where you buy traffic, if working with paid traffic.

Your customer is the affiliate network that you are sending the traffic to.

I hope this clarifies things a little - let me know if you want me to continue this post.
PerformanceMarketing

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates