write something i like or i wish in my blogs?

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 am

Writing anything in your blog is fine in initial stages, but once you have moved far away with your blog, you need to be more focused and concentrated on the theme of your blog.So does this mean that i can't write something i like or i wish in my blogs? Just on the theme?
hulioak

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:56 am

I think you should write on your blog topic and try to write fresh and unique content then you can promote your blog rapidly and can achieve your goals.
JessicaJohn

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:16 pm

I think it is okay to write anything you like once in a while. But if you do it frequently, I think readers will start moving away. Once you get focused on a theme and you get a good number of people following your blog, it's quite clear and simple that the readers come to your blog because they like what you write about the theme. And that's what they would expect and come back for more. A deviation every once a while sure spices up things. But it should be a very careful and well balanced move.
DanielMilstein

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:48 am

Unless your have a personal blog, I am afraid you can't write just anything you want on it. You posts must be relevant to your blog topic.

But yes, in case if you want something you actually like - start a new blog. How much does it take?
rishisab

Tue May 01, 2012 9:16 am

You have to provide some useful things in free to your subscriber, you need to have knowledge on how to engage commentators.
2tuff

Mon May 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Yes you can write but try to make another section for it. So that i won't get mix up with your main theme.
shawnmichaels013

Sat May 12, 2012 2:27 am

When I started, I started with a personal blog, a mixed bag. But as I went along, I have discovered a lot of passions -- earning online, books, dogs.. and after blogging for like a year or so, I thought my blog was messy. So, I decided to break up my posts and distributed them to several niche blogs: earning online, food, books, poetry, etc.

But, I still keep my personal blog. And I thought that helped me. I'm more organized and I have different set of followers. I think having a topic in your blog can help you identify your readers. ;)
dame016

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:36 pm

The best way to make topic is that first make a research on the field and see if any other people already write an article on it.If the answer is no,write it.You will get good response from search engine.
khan

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:48 am

I know this post is a bit old, but I do want to comment.

First, what is the purpose of the blog? Many people blog to document their lives or to just share things with family and friends. When it comes to these blogs, writing anything is fine.

Since you are on an affiliate marketing forum, I'm assuming this blog is going to be monetized or you have plans of monetizing it. In which case, you should definitely
1 - Pick a theme
2 - Stick to the theme
You can deviate every once in a while, and make it clear that this isn't the typical post. One way to do this is by giving that post a different category.
As someone mentioned earlier, visitors will follow a blog based on its theme. They will go back for more if they like what you write. Deviate too much and they may lose interest.

THAT being said, there are SOME blogs that write about plenty of different things, but have a loyal following. For example, I know of a blog that just complains about social issues, political issues, economic issues, or simply everyday life issues, and people follow the blog because they just want to see what this person has to say and what they will complain about next. I suppose the theme could be "complain" but it's definitely not the typical theme.
superplatinum

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:05 am

I think you can still update your blogs any time that you wanted. What platform are you using?
lesa mitchell

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm

You can write about anything you want, but if it is not connected with the blog theme at all, just make sure it will be interesting and attractivefor your viewers ;)
kenzo

Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:22 am

Just make sure to write a topic that you can impart what you feel, I guess every writer writes their thoughts and feelings in the first place.
lesa mitchell

Return to Blogging For Beginners