What is 3-way Link??

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:28 am

Site A => Site B => Site C => Site A
In this type, site-A gives link to site-B, in return site-B gives link to site-C and in return site-C gives link to site-A. This 3-way link building is something different and difficult one when compared to the one-way and reciprocal link building because you will give link to site-A from your website, but in return finally you will have to get link from some other website that is linked to site-A. So this way, each website’s gets one-way link with each other, not the reciprocal link.
hapibush

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Three way exchanging links is a one of the form of the exchanging links strategy. Consider 3 web page as Website A, site B , Website C. In 3-way exchanging links, site A is attached with Website B, Website B is covered with site C & site C is attached with site B. so it is also one form of the one way hyperlink exchange.
johnthompson

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:52 am

The 3-way link building is also considered as a blackhat technique by Google search engine and it might be harmful for your website. The best way is to focus on one-way link building. It will give you quality backlinks and boost your rankings unexpectedly.
eUKhost

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:52 am

If you are doing highly relevant linking, then great. I you are doing somewhat relevant, but basically paid linking, you will eventually get in trouble- in that the links will be devalued, and the ranking will plummet.
cravottastudios

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 pm

A three-way link exchange refers to a kind of reciprocal link exchange among three domains instead of two. A reciprocal link exchange that is so popular today among webmasters is mostly a two-way linking.

Although there is a benefit in exchanging links in terms of SEO, it is said that search engines might not think such links are “natural”. While linking to another website is the core of the Internet, and this net is really built with millions of links, creating the dynamic of network, excessive reciprocal linking could be considered as a link scheme such as link farms.

To make reciprocal links look more “natural”, you can try a three-way link exchange.

In normal reciprocal link exchange, you and your link partner exchange links with each other. Search engines can easily find that out. So, if you have many reciprocal links going in and out, each linking may not be weighed for the maximum value; thus your website may not increase PageRank faster.

In a three-way link exchange, three different domains must be involved. For example, site A links to site B, but not B to A. So, site B is only receiving a one-way link from site A and NOT linking back to it. Likewise, site C and site A are linked from one site but not linking back. Instead, site C and A are simply reciprocal-linking to different domains.

The way to create more natural links in a three-way link exchange is done by using a set of three one-way links. A, B, and C are only receiving one-way links, and they do not directly link back.
henrythefifth

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:20 pm

3-way linking means A site is linking to B site, B is linking to C site and C site is linking to A.
sara121

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am

Some webmasters own multiple sites and try to build up one of their specific sites by offering link exchanges from their other sites. In doing this they add a link to you on their other site and get you to link to the main site they are trying to build up.
raymayplumbing

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:27 am

Is it another kind of link wheel? I have used link wheel for months. At first time this method doesn't bring me much traffic but after 3 months, the traffic is better. But I don't think this method is really helpful.
tamnl

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:07 am

eUKhost wrote:The 3-way link building is also considered as a blackhat technique by Google search engine and it might be harmful for your website. The best way is to focus on one-way link building. It will give you quality backlinks and boost your rankings unexpectedly.

Good to know. Is there a list of black-hat techniques so I can just avoid them all together?
ShowBoater

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:07 am

I have been annoyed by this problem for a long time,so thank you for your post, it is really useful for me.

[URL deleted - Moderator]
lanshan75

Follow Up Question

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:42 am

Great information.

It was mentioned that this is a blackhat technique. So I am assuming that it doesn't help your website in any way?
superplatinum

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 am

Well as per my knowledge 3 way link building service is a method to improve the ranking your website.... :P
finefeather

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:10 am

Thanks, finefeather, BUT being a blackhat technique, does it really help? I mean, if you get caught in the long run and all that work goes to nothing... it might not be worth it at any point
superplatinum

3-Way Link exchange

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:16 am

3-Way Link exchange is kind of reciprocal link exchange among 3 domains instead of 2.
In short,for three-way link exchange there must be three different domains available.It is hard to detect a link scheme if you use three-way links exchange for search engines. One Problem is that If two sites are not connected and they are working for beneficial to main site then site linking to you gets banned.
harryfedrer

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:45 am

in easy words you can say that Webmasters who hold more than 1 website, try to build 1 of their new website. They offer link exchange to other w.masters and give their new site links in exchange. This way of link building is called 3-way link building. People suppose it a powerful way of SEO.
BenjaminC

Next

Return to General Affiliate Discussion