Can I use my affiliate link directly on Adwords?

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:23 am

Hi,

Can I just use my affiliate link from clickbank directly on my adwords campaign? Or i have to direct visitors to a landing page or my website then promote the affiliate products there?

I am really new and never tried adwords before, but keep hearing people telling me if I don't know the game well, i m going to burst my pocket! Scarry...

Please advice...
saqinx

Re: Can I use my affiliate link directly on Adwords?

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:27 am

saqinx wrote:Can I just use my affiliate link from clickbank directly on my adwords campaign?

You can, but your ad probably won't be displayed, because Google doesn't want to see a whole lot of affiliates advertising the same product.

Google says...

We'll only display one ad per search query for advertisers sharing the same top-level domain in the display URL. So if you're an affiliate advertiser, your ad may not show for a query because another affiliate or the website that runs the affiliate program also has ads using the same (or a similar) domain in the display URL.

Source: http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bi ... swer=14844

It's well worth while taking the time to learn how to create a website or blog. When you do that you start to build a reputation based on YOUR domain name, not someone else's.

In affiliate marketing, I reckon it's more effective to build a business, not just try to make money.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 am

Adwords don't allow direct linking. Adword's doesn't say anything about direct linking not being allowed but does say you shouldn't use a landing page containing affiliate links.
ThomasAnderson

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:53 pm

ThomasAnderson wrote:Adwords ... does say you shouldn't use a landing page containing affiliate links.

Whoa! Perhaps I've missed something. Where does AdWords say that?

I just checked the AdWords Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines. I didn't see anything about affiliate links not being allowed. Maybe you've read it too fast and misunderstood what Google means to say.

Here's part of what AWords DOES say..

1. Feature Relevant and Original Content

Users should be able to easily find what your ad promises.
Link to the page on your site that provides the most useful information about the product or service in your ad. For instance, direct users to the page where they can buy the advertised product, rather than to a page on your site with a description of several products.
Feature original content that can't be found on another site. This guideline is particularly applicable to resellers whose site is identical or highly similar to another reseller's or the parent company's site, and to affiliates that use the following types of pages:
Bridge pages: Pages that act as an intermediary, whose sole purpose is to link or redirect traffic to the parent company
Mirror pages: Pages that replicate the look and feel of a parent site; your site should not mirror (be similar or nearly identical in appearance to) your parent company's or any other advertiser's site
Provide substantial information. If your ad links to a page consisting mostly of ads or general search results (such as a directory or catalog page), it must also provide additional, unique content.

Source: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/a ... swer=46675

In that section, AdWords also helpfully provides a link explaining the importance of "original content". It says, in part...

Little or no original content

One of the most important steps in improving your site's ranking in Google search results is to ensure that it contains plenty of rich information that includes relevant keywords, used appropriately, that indicate the subject matter of your content...

...There is no problem in being an affiliate as long as you create some added value for your users and produce valuable content that gives a user a reason to visit your site. For example, you could create product reviews, ratings, and product comparisons.

Source: http://support.google.com/webmasters/bi ... swer=66361

They way I see it, Google isn't opposed to affiliates. It's opposed to lazy (or "thin") affiliates who don't "feature original content that can't be found on another site".
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:36 pm

In short words you can't use affiliate links on adwords. Adwords is not meant for that.
tanveerhabib

ha

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 am

For instance, there are events that are organized in various parts of the globe, for the sole purpose of having the expert RC helicopter pilots from different regions, converge together and show off their 3D flying skills. 3D flying involves the most advanced flying tricks. In order to become a 3D RC pilot, one has to learn how to be at ease with controls while doing the tricks.
melissaa

Return to AdSense & Adsense Alternatives