Affiliate Marketing Newb - Need help!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:21 am

Hey guys,

I am new to Affiliate Marketing, and honestly, after reading 100+ blogs and articles - I still have barely any idea what I'm doing...

I have followed Nickycakes Blog and have done the following:

Created a domain and set up hosting.
Installed Propser202 to this domain.
Signed up with some Affiliate Networks (Pending confirmation)

I'm really not sure what the next step is? I'm still waiting on being accepted into some Affiliate Networks.

I'm planning on using Wordpress to construct sites.

This might be a stupid question, but one thing I was wondering - Do you need to create multiple sites for different products? Or can multiple products be advertised on one site?

If someone could assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Jason.
jsncrs

Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:04 am

Hi Jason,
1. Don't sign up to every Affiliate Program around. Remember you don't have much experience now but once you have it, that previous (inexperienced) sign up might get you Rejected.
2. Start with one product and one site. Having several product will require optimization for several keywords as well.
Good luck!
Vicky from DNP

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:10 am

You can join multiple affiliate programs, just make sure their TOS doesn't have the condition "cannot join or advertise other affiliate program from one location". Secondly, you can promote multiple affiliate programs from one single site. In order to market the affiliate products you need to have a better knowledge about those products so to help people understand it perfectly.
eUKhost

Re: Affiliate Marketing Newb - Need help!

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:12 am

jsncrs wrote:Hey guys,

This might be a stupid question, but one thing I was wondering - Do you need to create multiple sites for different products? Or can multiple products be advertised on one site?

If someone could assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Jason.

You can do one or both. I prefer, for any particular niche I want to promote, to build a specific site - that will focus the visitor on one thing only - to click through and buy my product on offer.

Having said that I have a general site
( http://www.allanjamesonline.com/startbu ... ntor/blog/ )
devoted to free affiliate training and it promotes a few paid products that my experience tells me all affiliates need to have the success they are seeking. It's less focused on sales though and, to be honest, most people who come to it just come for the free information.
AllanJames

Re: Affiliate Marketing Newb - Need help!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:13 am

jsncrs wrote:Do you need to create multiple sites for different products? Or can multiple products be advertised on one site?

You can do either - create one site for a single product or create a site that promotes a variety of products in one niche.

One very important thing to consider... it's essential that you get other sites to link to you because links are the lifeblood of your business, if you want free traffic from search engines.

If you create a site that is genuinely useful and is of high quality, other sites are more likely to link to you. That's difficult to do if your site promotes only one product, because it will most likely look like one big advertising blurb for the product.

Would YOU link to a site like that? Probably not.

Also, think about how the search engines are going to rank your site in the future. If people are doing well with single product sites today (I hear they're not as successful as they used to be), are they likely to still rank well in 2, 5 or 10 years?

My GUESS is that as search engines continue to improve, single product sites will struggle in the search engines.

P.S. No questions are dumb. But there are dumb people who don't ask questions. :)
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:42 am

Do you think subject for a theme, not a product or a number of products, your site should have a clear theme.
airun0829

Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Start one product and if sells well, you then move on to the next affiliate program. IT's a gradual process.
kaz

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:02 am

I really don't think that promoting multiple niches from one site is hard or bad. IMO, it is a good way to attract your site visitors into another products as well. Having multiple niches under one single roof, definitely it would be beneficial.
eUKhost

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Hey Jason,

Here's something that might answer your question about having multiple sites for multipe products. Everyone has been in your position. Here are some quick steps to take if you have time to. Here are ways to profit in any niche on clickbank.

1. Pick a series of products to promote.

2. Build a blog/landing page with the intentions to capture leads.

3. Get an autoresponder. I prefer Getresponse.

4. Load emails into your autoresponder.

5. Send traffic to your blog and landing page.

6. Watch the money in your clickbank account rack up.

Anyone can use this strategy when first starting out in affiliate marketing and don't know where to start.
zjenkins

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates