Struggling to find the right niche

Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:10 am

I am thinking about building a SBI site around juicers.

The numbers look good, and there are a lot of searches for a lot of brand names.
of Googling and noticed that many people have built sites around 1 particular brand of juicer.

When I look at the numbers in my master keyword list, the brand names don't seem to have the numbers to warrant an entire site, but juicers on the whole do.

This has me a little confused.

Any advice?
rossini

Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:56 am

Hi rossini, Welcome to the forum!

Some affiliates are having success getting ranked well for mini-sites that have an extremely tight focus, for example one product or one brand.

That's today.

However, consider the goal of search engines. It's to serve up the most relevant, USEFUL sites.

If you take a long-term view and want to have a well ranked site that lasts for 5 or 10 years, it makes much more sense to me to build a site that provides genuinely useful reviews and compares a whole range of juicers.

As Ken Evoy would say, "Keep it real." :)

Another VERY important advantage... if you own a genuinely useful review site like that, other sites are much more likely to want to link to you.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Struggling to find the right niche

Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Your reply makes so much sense and I feel much more confident about deciding on a direction. Thanks sincerely.
rossini

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates