Hey, I've been "marketing" affiliate links (basically selling products) for few years and as i came here, i had Deja vu. People here has the same problems as i had when i started. where do i get visitors to my web site? will anyone ever click my affiliate links? How do i get more views?.
After few years of discovering possibilites, learning what CPA, PPV and such marketing methods means, i decided to share it with everyone.
How did i create a site which gets 10k unique views/month?.
Leave suggestions/ideas here or what to add. Ask if you have questions : )
------Summary of the most important things------
no links, only text.
1. What are you marketing? Is it something which is usable for all age of persons? Is it something which needs an 18+ years old person to buy? Are you willing to put money on the advertising?
2. Will you advertise on the internet, e-mail, offline, city streets? do you have any plans?
3. Is your product something you would yourself buy if you'd be intresting in that product?. The more you know about the product you're selling, the more you can give your customers info = the better.
4. What is your Commission when a product is sold?. Will you get a one time payment or will you be earning based on the customers activity?
5. Do you have something Unique or special which might attract persons to come for the site more often?
Lesson number 2:
Now you may have a little idea of the way to market your ads/products. You have few Possible affiliate- programs above to join and now you're thinking that where would you post them? how to market them?
It's time to think on things you may have but others doesn't Or something which others have but you're also very good on it or even decent. For a one example and to give some idea what i'm talking about: guitar, guitar playing and videos!
One day it just came to my mind. I've played guitar for years, so why not to share with everyone?. Soo, few weeks later i had made a guitar site with "how-to-play"- videos. simple? it's a perfect site to add advertisements, Musicians and poker players are kind of the same segment so If i upload more videos now and then = people keeps coming back.
Think what do you have to share with other people? Are you good at something and wish to share it? Do you have so funny stories that people would come back to see if you have made more? Do you have a possibility to make videos?
Again, The text content i just wrote, probably made few people to check out the guitar videos. Smart? isn't : P ? This is just one way of getting extra traffic and eye-pairs for your advertisements. It's important to try to gather possible customers from here and there instead of focusing on one forum thread etc.
Moving on, increasing traffic, how to, where, why, now! These are the things which will probably radiate your mind, sooner or later. Ok, now that we have our ads/products. We also have our idea of the website/blog. We've made something there and placed advertisements. well, where is ther traffic? why noones visits the site?. Now comes the tricky part (and usually slow UNLESS, unless you have something so unique, so special for example: youtube video which is unique and it gets featured. Your problems solved, just post link on your profile. Unfortunately, that is only for the 0,0000000000001% of the human kind who can achieve this).
1. Starting to get traffic: Do you play computer games where you interact with people? Do you have a lot of facebook friends? These are the best ways to start with. I'll pick Facebook first, Post the link on your wall, Post it on your friends walls and tell them to share it and Post on their walls. You will probably get few hundreads view on that same day. If your site was intresting, some % of those people will return to the site.
2. Starting to get traffic: Online games. Many of you have played some kind of (mmo's= massive multiplayer online games) or some kind of browser games where you interact with people. Many of these games have a possibility to join a guild/clan. Whatever it is called in any game. Use this opportunity. For example: I played this Evony (free browser mmorpg) now and then and the guilds there were max. 100 persons. In the end Many of them posted my links on their walls and in exchange i gave them some in-game goodies or so : ). Anyway the point was, Imagine how much more you get traffic when a person you don't know in real life and has 500+ facebook friends who sees the link?. Someone will check it out for sure! This is how people gets to see it and if they like it or need it, they will tell a friend too :=)
3. Starting to get traffic: Forums. This is actually the most preferred method to advertise non-direct affiliate links (70% of the biggest forums in the net won't allow you to post links to an website which includes advertisements until you pay them or so.) You can try yourself and find it frustrating. Also Many forums do not allow posting links at all. However, Used in the rightway, Forums can be a gold mine. Imagine a thread with 1k-10k views and it's on the top of the category and it's the thread people will check when they first come to that category, sounds good? it is!
First of all, Do not just post a thread and throw in the link of your website. It tells nothing to the visitors and will anyway get closed/removed and you'll be probably banned on the forums. Think what you can tell about your site, Give people opportunity to discuss on things which are related to your site category. For example: i may post my guitar video site or youtube channel on some forum where it's allowed BUT i usually encourage people to talk about guitars/videos/amplifiers in Overall. There is less risk to get closed if people gets inrested and only few forum are too strict about that. For me a good title for a threat would be: "Guitar video lessons/guitars discussion"
I might tell, how am i, with what do i play and like with that i could introduce that "and if someone wants to suggest something or have any feedback or ideas, feel free to leave a message here. You can find me on *youtube channel name* or from my video blog *guitar site name*.
After that i would just leave few ending words encouraging people to talk about music and guitar in overall. First of all, it's a tempting subject for anyone intrested. i'm not "selling" my site, i just post it in the contex of other text. Simple? well kind of. You'll get feedback and ideas how to improve your commercial site.
Important: Choose your desired forums which are in the same category as your product. I have guitar videos, i'm promoting them on music- style forums. ; )
There are few good tips to increase the traffic on your site. What to do and how. Hopefully this was helpful for someone. Leave your opinion if you read this long, thank you : )
Last edited by supremedrang
on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.