How RSS works?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:31 am

Hi all....

These days many sites are using RSS feeds....but my confusion is about the working of RSS? How RSS works? What is its process?
jiten702

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Do they have Google in India? hmmm

Through the magic of search I found this link - using Google - ...

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/inter ... cs/rss.htm

But then again I'm an experienced search user... some may even say "advanced".

Hope this helps.
InternetMarketingIQ

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:15 pm

I know as when we subscribe to feed, then on our browser it will shows latest posts in drop down but what use for webmaster like we say submit your feeds in feeds sites etc...
Regards
andyveer

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:37 pm

There are 2 main parts which will play in RSS Syndication the server side and client side. The server end of RSS syndication is part of a system that generates an RSS feed. news site would be server side RSS syndication. Blogs should be server side RSS syndication. IP radio would show server side RSS syndication. IPTV the exhibition will be on the server side of RSS syndication. Customer through the RSS Syndication is part of a system that consumes an RSS feed. Mozilla Firefox web browser would be the end of your RSS Syndication. Desktop RSS aggregator is client-side RSS Syndication. Web-based RSS aggregator would be client side RSS Syndication.
soliddrain

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:21 pm

by rss you can send automatic mail to your resiterd user on updates
amrish2338

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:39 pm

This is how RSS works:

1. A website or a blog creates an RSS Feed. Many Blog services automatically create RSS Feeds. For Websites, RSS Feeds can be created manually or with software.
2. The RSS Feed that is created is an XML file that lives on an Internet server. There are now hundreds of thousands of RSS Feeds sitting on Internet servers waiting patiently for an RSS Reader to subscribe to them.
3. The RSS Feed Reader reads the RSS Feed file and displays it. The RSS Reader displays only new items from the RSS Feed.

I hope it helped... :-)
dmanos

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:08 am

Hello Jiten702,
RSS(Really Simple Syndication)is, a way to get brief updates from your favorite Web sites.I would really like to tell you one thing that most of the sites or blog,have the RSS feed but few of them are really not using it in the proper way.
This is how RSS works as Dmanos said you earlier.

Thanks,
Dag Arbisa
dagarbisa

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:38 am

RSS is a standard format for syndicating content on the Internet.Some server side languages have libraries for easy parsing of RSS,but you can also do it easily with any XML parser.
simoncreig

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 am

If you are hooked on a continuous flow of information that we feel the Internet, do not manage it without help. The RSS Feed from the RSS Tutorial Blog. This is an XML RSS file. Browser design is so difficult to see the source code.
lancecruzie

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:39 pm

This is RSS works:

1. A website or a blog creates an RSS Feed. Many Blog services automatically create RSS Feeds. For Websites, RSS Feeds can be created manually or with software.
2. The RSS Feed that is created is an XML file that lives on an Internet server. There are now hundreds of thousands of RSS Feeds sitting on Internet servers waiting patiently for an RSS Reader to subscribe to them.
3. The RSS Feed Reader reads the RSS Feed file and displays it. The RSS Reader displays only new items from the RSS Feed.
rajni

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey thanks for sharing replies above. Many doubts are cleared.
shawnmichaels013

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:50 am

The server end of RSS Syndication is the part of the system that produces the RSS feed. RSS is a way to subscribe to a source of information, such as a Web site, and get brief updates delivered to you.
Biztech Consultancy

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:20 am

RSS allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in. You save time by not needing to visit each site individually. You ensure your privacy, by not needing to join each site's email newsletter.
Steve Smith

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:31 am

They are just like updates, when you subscribe to a feed then it will just alert you when there's something new. It's useful but not entirely necessary.
Mark Daniels

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:09 am

RSS allows you to create online magazine. Is very useful tool, especially now while information in internet is a lot. You don't have to check every second your favourite pages becasue fresh post coming to you.
Is very easy to use, I have the reader on Google account and I can manage with content in many ways.
natyk

Next

Return to Promoting Your Blog