Anyone a fan of call tracking and using Google Analytics?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:02 pm

I know there's lots of commercial call tracking [URL deleted - Moderator] options out there, no need to solicit me with those companies, they seem to find me on their own.. ;p

What I am looking for is either info on open source or free call tracking software that I can use for smaller promotions where there's no funding for professional tracking services. If I'm not asking for too much already, I also want to aim for something that's easy to relate to the stats I'm getting from Google's Analytics service. (I know I need to wake up and stop dreaming but I *had* to ask!)

I know from reading various forums that there is a Google call tracking API in the works, but it's all rumors and such, no details. People seem to think this will be the end-all solution as it'd likely be integrated into Google Analytics and cheap/free. And people say I'm a dreamer? :roll: :lol:

Thanks in advance for any info/leads/coporate Google secrets.. ;)
joeleitz

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:01 pm

I use it on a couple of my sites and there is good info there BUT it really does not give you much more than awstats "that comes with cpanel". But Google Webmaster Tools is a good thing to have it checks your robot txt,site maps, and gives you a point of view from a search engine

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ :)
OleTom

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:08 pm

I am not aware of any free services like this and my experience has been that the services that are available are more expensive than they are worth.
vanmed

Return to Do-It-Your-Selfers