What knowledge does an affiliate manager have?

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:26 am

Hi, all. I'm new here. And i begin with my own Eshop affiliate program. How to manage an affiliate program and how to promote it? How / Where to find affiliates to help me promote my products? I need helps from all of you! Thanks! :oops:
Lerry

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:24 am

Why did you go that route if you had no idea how to get it started?

I would have used one of the many places where affiliates already are such as

clickbank
shareasale
cj
linkshare

and then as the program took off then switched it to an inhouse program. Though you might decide they handle it better
JonMills

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:52 am

Thanks for your input, JonMills. But you don't give me useful info.
Lerry

Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Hey Lerry,

I think JonMills gave you pretty good information. Would you climb into a 747 cockpit expecting someone on a forum to tell you how to fly it?

Before you jump into water over your head you should learn to swim a little.
Tryme

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:12 am

being a affiliates manager..
he/she should have a knowledge
about.. SEO .. about traffic
and other things that a affiliates
manager must have to know.
dakki

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:22 am

I agree that this is not the best way to start, but can give a few advices:
Have a good program - offer a good deal for your affiliates. if you want super affiliates to join you need to give them a good reason.
Recruiting - you need to know the industry and how to recruit new affiliates.
Payments - you need to have a good system for stats, and you need to pay on time.
Take good care of your affiliates - you are partners!
The list can go on for ever, but you get the idea.

Best,
rxJay

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:44 am

Let's say that you actually have a good product, not a trendy one of course, let's say that you have the needed software... all you have to do is invest time and money advertising.

Once affiliates come to you, offer a nice commission and better working conditions.

You need to understand that affiliates are not your employees but your partners, be straight with them, pay on time and help them when needed.

This of course may take some time, but it's worth it.

Good Luck!
Victoria_B

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:04 pm

You should definitely go to wiki and search affiliate managers and affiliate marketing! That will help you understand the industry! After that you should get involved in social marketing. Not only does that put your networks name out, it also lets affiliates know that you exist! Good luck!
InfinetADs

Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:31 pm

Your affiliate program must have some attractive commission plan that will affect the customers instantly to take a action.There are many ways to promote it like off-site SEO job.However I think the affiliates you will recruit must have enough knowledge on affiliate marketing and internet marketing.
ishuvonet

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Good qualification & experience is the basic question for selecting the person for manager.Most affiliate managers that you will see years of experience and they possess the necessary knowledge.His presentation skill is very usfull for marketing of the compnay product.
snipsala

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:05 pm

An affiliate manager is usually hired to tap into local affiliate resources. Affiliate managers are usually influential in the niche & in the country/continent. Affiliate managers can recruit more affiliates for you. Some managers work on a commission basis while some on a fixed monthly amount.
Now coming to how you can promote your program.
1) You need to be active & promote (paid) your programs in forums for your niche where affiliates are active.
2) Do press releases, blogs, articles etc to create awareness regarding the program, its benefits, product, etc.
3) You can run some promotional campaign for a week or 2, PPC to create a buzz about the program for affiliates to join you.
However, do ensure that you have your payout options, promotional material & other stuff affiliates need ready by the time they join you or it will cause a negative impact regarding the program.
RobertThomas

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:38 pm

As you need to manage affiliates under you so you have to know all things which an affiliate does first of all...... then managerial skills like sells are being done by any affiliate or not, what to do to improve performance of an affiliate etc.
lisajak

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:55 am

Before entering into Affiliate marketing you should have good knowledge about SEO and also how the affiliate program runs. I have tried many program for my different sites and i found that some of the Affiliate network sites were to complicated thus i need to shut down some of them. Currently I am working with 2 Affiliate network which are the best.
morellhenrik

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:40 am

when you say affiliate network...the companies are on the smaller side, the affiliate networks are in shareasale and commission junction which i believe to be highly reputable
cravottastudios

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:54 pm

I was new to Affiliate Management when I start - but I am staring to get the hang of it - still missing out on the SEO part - it takes time to learn but it is not rocket science
Kate-OA

Next

Return to General Affiliate Discussion