How do you get Blog Traffic?

Fri May 28, 2010 10:04 pm

Blogging; if you know how to do it right, can be a great experience. Unfortunately the majority of people getting online to begin blogging fall into the common frustration of seeing low traffic numbers when they check their stats. Why is this the case? Ultimately it is because getting traffic to a blog is a science, like many other strategies implemented in marketing products and services. There are four ways that can help in achieving more traffic at a quicker rate. Two of the ways to produce an abundant traffic stream consists of writing and promoting your subject and/or niche in other sites, and another strategy to reeling in this traffic is a traditional business tactic in attaining a base of customers; or in regards to blogs, followers.

1.) Write Captivating Articles -

Article marketing is one of the best ways to attain traffic as it is almost always free and can allow a marketer to express their interests in any desired niche. If you submit articles to directories you are not only getting a steady stream of readers, but you are also building backlinks to your blog site. An example is EzineArticles.com, as it is has its own readership of people looking for topics that you may just be blogging about. Therefore, if you write an article and submit it to a directory a person will not only read your article but also be enticed to visit your blog.

2.) Reasons to Re-Visit-

Giving people a reason to go back is seen all throughout commercial businesses. For example, stores and restaurants will hold special sales, events, and offers to keep customers coming back for more of what they love; but this time with a lower price or “buy one get one free” offer. This exact formula can also be replicated in your blogging techniques. The idea to keep people coming back over and over can be lucrative and the best way to do this is to create special events and offers. For example, you can give away a new prize each week to new subscribers to your list. In addition, you can also run contests for people who leave comments on your blog posts. In short, making your blog “a place to be” will attract more people as your subscribers may even tell their friends.

3.) Doing Keyword Research-

Rather than throwing up blogs and expecting traffic it would be wiser to research the keyword data to find terms that are getting a lot of searches. In addition, attaining keywords that have low competition would be a greater choice as it will make your blog easier to rank.

4.) Link Baiting-

The idea behind creating link baits is stirring enough controversy through your post that you can produce strong emotional reactions by people in order for them to comment and link to your blog post. For example, if a hot new electronic product; like the iPad, just recently came out on the market and everyone is raving about it, you can explain why you don’t like it to your readers in a way that will give you strong emotional responses automatically.

In short, these are four ways that can be solid; if used appropriately, in bringing in more traffic and attaining a base of avid readers.
nicknite

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Very well written, and some good points as well ... Thanks !

Especially #4 - evoking emotions is the fastest way to get comments and people involved.
JamesCpaway

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:40 am

Hey Nicknite,

I like all 4 ways you mention for getting traffic to a Blog. But I want to say a little about the 4th.

Evoking an emotional comeback could get dangerous if not careful. You'll want to be careful not to get a campaign going which could backfire on you. You don't want to be so dogmatic that you will get people hating you. It could ruin your reputation as a marketer.

I guess you could it started and let the visitors keep it going.
Tryme

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:44 pm

I appreciate the way you have outlined those points. Now with my combined knowledge in direct marketing, I shall drive traffic home easily.

[URLs deleted - Please, please, read the Message Board Use Instructions and follow their guidelines - Moderator]
cbridge

Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:45 pm

This is some pretty "cutting edge stuff".
InternetMarketingIQ

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Well, blog directories is best ways to drive traffic to blog. Submit your blog to blog directories in the appropriate category. It is very powerful is like being listed in the yellow pages. The more places you have your blog listed in several places to find your blog.
lisabrown01

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 pm

A good amount of my traffic comes from my social media networks. I also get fed a hefty bit of traffic from my affiliate partners. My site is well optomized and I get a strong trafficing from Yahoo results, probably more so than google as my niche is local entertainment and social events.
vanmed

Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:43 pm

There are numerous methods you can use to drive quality traffic to your website, but if you don’t implement them, then you will not see any results. No matter the method you opt for to drive visitors to your website, the key is to be consistent.
szenovera

Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 am

Here are the methods to get blog traffic such as

Maximize your use of RSS
Build links from other websites
Write and syndicate content articles
Comment in other related blogs
Keep blogging
kamrald

Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:26 am

Hello dears,

How do you get Web Traffic without paying anything?

I doing it below, I get massive traffic to my website everyday and ranking No.1 in Google!

* traffic exchange (DragonSurf)
* Getting your RSS feed syndicated (Zimbio)
* traffic trading (Blogrush)
* page rank boosters (Ineedpagerank)
* We site submissions (Ion40)
* free classifieds
* purchasing classifeds (eBay)
* buying banner space
* social networking (Yuwie)
* writing relevant blogs and commenting on blogs regularly
* writing eZine articles
* submitting press releases to PR Web
* optimizing titles of your Web page
* creating freebie giveaways (e.g. eBooks)
* submitting video to sites (YouTube)
schatzman

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:52 am

Article Marketing is great for traffic. But you need to make your articles interesting enough for people to come back. This way you get more links to your website
kaz

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:54 am

Here is the basic but very useful tips for getting higest blog traffic:Be always Use lists then Be topical writing your posts that need to be read right now lnough to become the expert in your field and Break news but Be timeless to write posts that will be readable in a year so Be among the first with a great blog on your topic, then encourage others to blog on the same topic and Share your expertise generously so people recognize it and depend on you, Announce news in Write short, pithy posts and Encourage your readers to help you manipulate the technocrat top blog list.
avastavatar

RE:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:10 pm

I’ve tried doing that thing just to increase and get more traffic.

It works but it needs some time and a little bit effort.

Anyone can do it, but perseverance is needed.

Stay focused and you’ll reach to the top.
laurarussell49

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:36 am

Blog is the best way to increase traffic.It is a nice discussion.Blog is useful for get traffic on Website.Traffic is the most important factor that decides the success of a blog and earnings.Create a signature on your e mail and list your blog URL.Your friends will click your URL and read your blog.
andrewgibs

Blogging For Beginners

Wed May 04, 2011 4:27 pm

It's good and I agree with you. It's one of the best way to get traffic to your web-site. you can promote your site through a blog. you can advertise a product and services in your blog.
rosiybrook

Next

Return to Blogging For Beginners