Do You Need To Submit Blogs To The Same Sites on Pingomatic?

Fri May 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day so far. I have a question concerning pinging. I understand that by using Pingomatic and Pingoat to ping your websites or blogs is very important. I saw on youtube.com where someone had mentioned about after pinging to Pingomatic, for example, you should then manually submit your blog to those same sites that you put a check mark next to let them know your blog has been updated. Is that true? I am really confused because I don't understand that if you are pinging these sites, why do you have to then manually submit to them after? Any help with this question would be greatly appreicated. Thanks.
Darletti

Sat May 29, 2010 7:30 pm

The way I understand ping-o-matic is that it is automatic: you enter your blog name and url and you're done... but now I'll go and check one of the sites pinged! :idea:
Jose Perez

Mon May 30, 2011 7:38 am

Pinging your blog post is just a manner of informing search engines as well as let other websites know that you've got a new blog post. This may not give you a visible change immediately, but it will surely catch the attention of the search engine spiders go to your website thus may help make your new post get listed quickly. Besides, pinging a blog normally take 30 seconds only so it’s really worth the effort.
charlenej

Return to Promoting Your Blog