Traffic Generation Techniques for your Blog

Thu May 20, 2010 6:44 am

Traffic=Money.The more traffic you get the more profitable your blog become.There are many techniques which you can use to drive traffic to your blog.

1)Submitting feeds
Submit your feeds to top feeds site so that it can be indexed faster by search engine( RSS Network, Technorati, 2RSS, NewsMob etc ).

2)Blog Commenting
Go to other people's blog which are related to your niche/product to put down your comment.Add value or post valuable advice, ideas or tips so that more people will read it.This will bring traffic to your site cause you are allowed to put your link at the comment column.

3)Social Media Websites
Social networking is the in thing at the moment. Utilise this site to generate traffic to your blog ( Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Bebo etc ).

4)Post Comment in Forum
Choose forum which have large readership and you will able to builds tons of backlinks to your blog.You can put your blog URL in the signature link which will give your a backlink.Select only dofollow forums so that your effort will not be wasted.
jimmyx

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:26 am

I agree with you.All the techniques you have stated above are the most effective for getting traffic to your blog.Also you can submit your blog and sitemap to various search engines so that you can get it indexed fast.
janiethomas

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:52 pm

Hello jimmyx,

The techniques you have suggested are effective but you have missed something very important to tell i.e. Bookmarking for your Blog.

Thanks,
Dag Arbisa
dagarbisa

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:08 pm

These are the well known methods to drive traffic.I think being active in big social media site like facebook is a great source of traffic.
ishuvonet

Missing the Boat....

Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:34 am

1 and 2) These methods that you mentioned work for long tail terms, (low competition terms). RSS feeds, blog commenting, etc.. but you pretty much have to use bots to make them practical. (SEO bots)

You can probably find a free or very low cost bot option on the warrior forum warriorforum.com for a RSS posting bot also see scrapebox.com for auto or manual (white hat) blog commenting and a heck of a lot more (this is one of my favorite tools).

SEO traffic is very high quality in general and you can do a lot with it. I'll get to that in a minute.

3) Social Traffic is generally pretty unfocused unless you have a fan page for RED GIZMOS, then you would probably get fans of RED GIZMOS coming in pretty regularly. Which is super great if you sell RED GIZMOS.

4) Posting comments on forums can be a super cool way of both serving other people and getting your message out to the world. Be sure to give a lot more value to whoever is reading your post than you are asking in return, (like clicking on a link to see your stuff). More importantly it is a way to meet other like minded people who can help you.

and drum roll please.....

You forgot what is probably the most important method of all. Email Marketing, give your visitor a great bribe for giving you their email address, like a free report or video "7 SECRET OF RED GIZMOS" and get them to sign up through aweber.com (cheap and easy email service). If you treat your list right, send them links to free content on your site for the most part, you can end up with someone who will keep coming back for the rest of your life. Best yet if you get kicked off of Twitter, etc.., and Google slaps you silly you will still have some customers.

5) It is all about the learning curve, it is very easy to get overwhelmed or spend a lot of time on dead ends. If you are really serious about learning affiliate marketing you can!

You really can do this stuff with the right tools and training but it is tough starting out without help. Please check out the link below in my signature it is a great teaching program.
chris213

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:47 pm

I think Facebook and Twitter both are get big traffic to your website.......

Generally all the social networking sites are provide traffic but these both are very popular in the world....
john29

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:05 am

I agree with you but now Google say blog commenting is a spamming so all other way which is given by you is good for get good traffic on your website.......
The most famous way is Social networking sites & Forum posting....
john29

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:47 am

blog commenting, press release and social media.
James House

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:47 am

Forums and social media sites are very important and effective to get good figure of traffic as well as backlinks.
JessicaJohn

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:44 am

blog commenting is the easiest way to get more backlink and it is natural
khan

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 am

Blog commenting if not done correctly will give negative impact to your site. You have to be very careful since latest changes with google. If you just keep posting irrelevant comments on blogs, it will be counted as spamming. So be careful while blog commenting.
vikap27

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:21 am

With a blog you can advertise whatever you want to, and the same is true of a website. However, you are more likely to make a direct purchase from a website, and to seek information from a blog. Hence, the traffic you get on a blog are information seekers and those on your website may also be looking for info, but might also be wanting to make a purchase. So right away we can kind of separate blog readers from website visitors.
Steve Smith

Return to Promoting Your Blog