Facebook groups vs. Facebook pages

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:35 am

I’ve been listining series of strategy options for engaging young people through Facebook. So two platforms appears for communicate & that are Facebook pages and Facebook groups. I was a minor confused about which one to be selected over the other. Facebook pages and Facebook groups offer a way of promoting activities and of hosting a discussion between different Facebook users & almost same features. So after searching little articles related on these two platforms & i found these insight qualities.

Facebook group can be create for anything. They can be used as discussion forums, virtual petitions where membership indicates support for a cause, a space for sharing photos and videos or a way of subscribing to get messages from an organisation. As a creator you can control all the features of the group whether it is visible to all members of Facebook or closed and visible only to invited Facebook members.Where as Facebook Page can be create for any entity such as a club, youth council, youth project etc. Unlike groups Facebook Page can be visible on the internet to those without a Facebook account and have fans. You can send updates to fans but these will only be displayed on the side of a users homepage when they log-in rather than appearing in their inbox. Applications can be added to pages similar to the way you can add applications to your Facebook profile.
1Social Media

Sun May 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I just started
to build my Facebook group for my first business.

I think the future will be very bright discussing
and prospecting them in facebook. Also relating
with them. I build it viral by the way.

Tadas
f5mtadas

Mon May 30, 2011 5:28 am

Facebook Pages is good then facebook Groups.I think face book page is better than groups.You can promote your page in face book and suggest to other friends.
chrisastle

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:19 am

I believe FB pages are better. They are more open. They offer more ways to build better designed content. Groups are getting obsolete.
Copilate

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:33 am

Both are different thing where facebook page use to promote any business you can update share your information new launch product and many more where in group its a community members can share everything with friends ask question and gives answers and many more
artiyousharma

Return to Web Site Promotion