Advertising and Marketing

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:32 am

Hi all I am looking for some help and advice.
I started my own car rally business in May 2009 and am looking for affordable and effective advertising/ marketing solutions.
We have already had one rally and it was successful but did not pull the sort of crowds we had hoped for.
The advertising we had for that was a 4 month advertising campaign in a car magazine and had listed the event on car enthusiast website.
We are looking for new ways to get our name heard and noticed.
Hope you can help.
stepheny

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Where do people who go to car rally's hang out? Which magazines do they read? Which websites do they visit?

Do a Google search for car rallys and look at those websites. Then type in the website address and see which other sites link to them.

Find out where these people get information and that's a good way to start advertising. I know it sounds like a vague answer, but I ask myself that question all the time when promoting the topics on my website.
ubonline

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Your best bet is to list all the different car rallys, car rally groups, and work from that.

I would even go as far as to setup a booth at a car rally, giving free stuff away in exchange for asking them 1 thing they would like to see, do or have at a car rally

Then go away and make your car rally unique by targetting those things.
JonMills

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:38 am

Do you know your market? Do you know where they go for information?

That's the crux of marketing. I can see no way that anyone here can figure that out for you.
InternetMarketingIQ

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:38 am

look for high page ranked websites with the similar niche market as yours then you place a banner on their sites and of course you have to pay them for that.
carautoloan

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:11 am

What about starting a YouTube channel...that would be a very cost effective way to attain more customers.
Good Luck!
CashOnlineMan

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Do you want instant results or long term results? I personally think you should focus on long term, info product creation has always been great for my biz. Write a small report about your opportunity and give it away everwhere for free...it always works.

[Links deleted. They belong in your signature file. You can click on Profile and create one. Admin.]
masterdj

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Social media may be the best thing. The fact that your target audience groups up tells you that they probably visit a lot of social sites. I suggest making as many social outlets as possible and try to create some marketing around that.

If you have cool looking media and maybe some catchy names for things you will draw the crowd you are looking for. Also as time goes on they will promote you themselves by posting about you on their Facebook, becoming a fan of yours, putting your pictures in their galleries and things like that.

Hope this helps, I know this was posted a while back but maybe you get notified of replies.
dynamicic

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Facebook would be a great starting place (and free) - add your rally - find people who will "become fans" - post alot of updates and be active with it and those who are interested will find their way there (mostly through fiend's pages)
JamesCpaway

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Use social marketing definetely. Is a free way to be popular and get yourself noticed. Twitter and facebook are excellent for that. Remember to "sell" yourself, updating photo galleries, and posting anecdotes which people will find interesting, fun or something that will make them think your events are worth trying!!
4eternity

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:41 am

Social media may be the best thing. The fact that your target audience to the group tells you that they might visit a lot of social sites. I have many social outlets as possible as to suggest that around and try to make some marketing.
graemewatson

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:11 pm

I would suggest you to build good landing page and build PPC campaign to promote it on the leading search engines (Google, Bing).

By doing this you can get highly targeted traffic.

Good Luck!
FXTrade

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Why don't you put a sticker on your car so that people see your business.

This is great when you are stuck in traffic.
talfighel

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Try to be active in related forums and blogs and participate there regularly.Make some investment in Google adwords and these all will help to gather more crowd.
ishuvonet

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:42 pm

The social sites are the best to route traffics on your site, And that would be choose to the advertising and marketing purpose. The marketing is the privilege of website increase traffic and much to accept the money.
ronyyroyals

Next

Return to General Affiliate Discussion