Google scams

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 am

I came across a few articles that talk about the current glut of google scams on the internet and in my inbox :x

Here is a brief summary

* Google says it hasn't endorsed any of the bougus sites that use lines like "Use Google to Make 1000s of Dollars!" or "Easy Cash with Google: You Could be Making up to $$$$ a Day Working from Home!"

"Google seeks to stop a widespread Internet advertising scam that is defrauding the public by misusing the famous Google brand."

* Google says that many companies do legitimately make money placing ads on websites with Google AdSense.

* "Thousands of people have been tricked into sending payment information and being charged hidden fees by questionable operations," Google said in a blog post recently

* "The scam victimizes unsuspecting consumers by prominently displaying the famous Google mark, by suggesting sponsorship by Google Inc., and by urging consumers to obtain a kit supposedly showing them how to make money working from home with Google."

* Along with several unnamed companies, the search engine giant sued software development firm Pacific Web Works in a Utah District Court.

Am I the only one getting Google will make you rich e-mails? :?:

What do you think about this?
Remtastic

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 am

No you are not !

I have had quite a few over the last few months as well.

There is really no need to bother with this type of sales hype.

By using a good affiliate analysis tool, you can easily find good products that will fit your precise niche.

Use a good tool that tracks network statistics such as earnings, refunds and the famous "gravity" over time. Graphs and similar data make it easy to spot good products to promote.

I recently went through all my email addresses and unsubscribed to practically every list :)

It took me 3 hours to delete all the 16,000 unopened messages in my email accounts, but it was worth it.

Now every account is clean and I unsubscribe to everything straight away. If I am not subscribed I mark it as spam.

Life is a lot better :)

All the best.
Dave.

ExpertWorld

Return to Complaint Corner