How I Promote On Facebook

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:14 am

I've had quite a bit of success promoting my services on Facebook. Here's how I did it...

First I joined many social networks and forums in my niche and got to know people there. Then I added them all as friends on my facebook account.

I found that very quickly facebook was suggesting other friends of friends that were also interested in my niche. I reasoned that if I shared say 4 or 5 mutual friends then I would add them as they are very likely to share my interest. You can also check some peoples profiles to see their interests.

I also gave my facebook address on my site. What I have now is around 1,300 friends, and growing, that are all interested in my niche. Now I'm finding that people are looking for me, or finding me through friends of friends.

You can also join groups that are related to almost anything on facebook - these can also help drive more targeted friends.

Also if I see a site or blog I like, I will sometimes try and find the owner on facebook and add them as a friend.

I suppose the real trick is not to just go for quantity. If you do you will just have loads of spammers and other deviants that are not interested in your products, and may actually try and do you harm. And this will probably attract other spammers and deviants.

Keep your friends 'pure', and you will likely attract more 'pure' friends that are interested in what yo have to say.
JonRhodesUK

just started on face book

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:31 pm

hey just open my facebook account how can i find people to send to my site or blogs for my affiliate marketing
and how to find people for my niche in bass fishing
I did some research on keyword and found a few with low demand and the right monthly search result how can i use this
tony711

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Tony,

You can start a fan page for Bass Fishing (or whatever your keyword may be), which can get indexed...

Also use the search function in Facebook (white bar on the top right of the screen)! I typed in "Bass Fishing" into that bar and found 2 pages and 3 groups related to Bass Fishing... With almost 13,000 friends and fans total!!!!

Add yourself to the groups and become a fan of the pages, and then start adding the other fans and friends as your friends too.

Remember, Facebook is about creating relationships with people... Have fun, share stories and ideas, and stick with it. The traffic will appear!
Miles

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 am

I have the same experience as what you have. Fortunately, I was able to get a lot of viewers and still keep looking for other friends who want to join me.
gillian2009

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:33 am

I have tried this with several of my pages and noticed an increase in likes and engagement because people see the page going out there and being active.Facebook ads are the best way to promote facebook fan pages.
nigeljones

RE:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:29 pm

If you have other staff, volunteers, or trusted community members who are on Facebook, consider adding them as an admin.

You’ll spread out the responsibility of keeping the page fresh, and will hopefully create passionate pilgrims who will promote your page, and your organization, to their friends.
laurarussell49

Return to Web Site Promotion