The Three Rules To Affiliate Success!

Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:02 am

To become a successful internet marketer using affiliate programs one must first place a definition to the word successful. To many it may be receiving a certain amount of residual income per month while to others it may be achieving that quick hundred thousand dollars needed to do other investments. Either way, each person definition of the term successful will be different. My definition of the term successful is to achieve a substantial amount of money needed which then enables me to not spend as much time working for the money while the money is working for me. If your definition is similar to mine then please to continue reading.

In order to achieve this goal you must set three rules which you will master then follow religiously regardless of the circumstances. These three rules to become a successful internet marketer using the definition stated above are, discipline, self motivation, and open minded. If you are able to master all three I guarantee you success in any marketing career you so desire. I will discuss all three and the psychology of their importance in the following paragraphs so if you’re interested to know then please to continue reading.

Many young entrepreneurs today lack the discipline it will take to move their career to the next level thus preparing their downfall in the near future. Every action has consequences but discipline first sets the guidelines for the action prior to its result. When you have a task to complete you should discipline yourself to complete it regardless of distraction or interruption. Do not tell yourself that you are an entrepreneur and therefore you are in control because the fact of such scenario is no one controls time.

The second religious rule of all successful entrepreneurs is self motivation. All entrepreneurs must be self motivated people. It is what defines the basic characteristics of an entrepreneur. The drive, the push, the motivation, the belief you have for the goal you are pursuing thus it delivers the passion and dedication you need to become successful. While others may have difficult experience with a particular task, being self motivated could make all the difference in how you approach the same task yet yielding a different result.

The most important of all three rules for the above definition of successful is being open minded. You have to be able to see an opportunity for what it is, and not what the trend says it is. Not because a trend of people says that an opportunity will produce good result, doesn’t mean that you will have good result and vice versa. Always be open minded when seeking opportunities and look at them from your perspective. Think about how it will benefit you and how will you go about achieving your goal. Remember everyone’s goal is different, therefore having someone influence you is the same as duplicating their definition of successful. Use your own definition to make your choice.

I hope this provided some inspiration to you and I wish you all the best on your journey to success. Do not hesitate to contact me if needed, I am always here to help.
buscoby

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Nice post! I agree, it's so so easy to get side tracked in this business. It took me about 6 months to realise that every email I receive is actually selling me something (even if it's free initially). It's really hard to ignore all that "free" information that comes into your hands but that is what you have to do otherwise you get major information overload and all that information is worthless at the end of the day!

Thanks again for the great post!

Cheers
Shari
shari444

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:51 am

Hello Friends.......

The content of your affiliate program marketing should be geared toward long-term traffic through strong search engine optimization for short SEO.

The material you circulate should be directly related to the merchandise you’re selling. By doing this you will have more targeted searches to your website’s informative articles, and then the affiliate links can go to work in bringing traffic to your money site.

Thanks
jimmy13

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am

-These are listed first rule for good reason. You do not need to sell yourself not to do. If you do not trust the results enough to buy it to yourself, you have no reason to sell to others.
-If you are not ready to buy it and how you can approve the product is what - this line of thinking for a moment? How do I answer questions honestly can product? The answer is you can not.
-In many cases, people jump on the bandwagon are ready to promote is a hyped product of the week ... To reflect on the value of the product itself without stopping. No matter how many other people recommend it, you should have it if you do not buy myself
Janusrayenz

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:59 pm

The three rules To Affiliate Success are following like

1. Consistent Action On Doing Marketing Activities
2. Knowing That It Takes Time For Business To Grow
3. Constant Education Is The Key To Progress
ethanlds

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:19 pm

very nice and useful rules to know.

I personally think that 3 rd. rule is most difficult.

mos people have motivation and discipline, but it is not easy to be opened minded person.

Looking through the opp. to your current business - current situation need good imagination and creativity
to see true advantages and disadvatages.
f5mtadas

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:17 pm

This is a real business and it will be almost impossible for you to achieve instant success overnight. There are many things that you have to do. Most of the things that you have to do will require you to invest your time to understand the knowledge so that you can apply to your business. Once you have selected one system to follow, give yourself some time to take action on it before you decide on whether the business is a success or failure.
koc12hi

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:48 pm

shari444 wrote:It took me about 6 months to realise that every email I receive is actually selling me something (even if it's free initially).

When you subscribe to a free newsletter, just know that no matter how free it is it will always try to sell you something.

These newsletters offer free stuff but the main objective is to make money after a few emails.
talfighel

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:28 pm

The 3 rules on Making Money as an Affiliate.

Good question - not that easy to answer.

I'd say:

Rule 1 - Learn and don't stop. I DON'T mean register for all the crappy newsletters, or join shoddy programs, or buy useless ebooks, etc. Buy books from Amazon (2,3, 4 at a time) and LEARN all you can. Implement and buy more, read, implement and repeat - don't stop. Also look at what your top competitors are doing (use Google to search for your keywords and check out the top 10 in the SERPs page) and beat them at it.

It would have taken you over 5 - 9 years of post graduate education to get to the top of any real profession - do this yourself as being a success is a matter of learning and learning to keep doing it. This is hard work - believe me.

Read "Ogilvy on Advertising" Can be found online to download free.

Learn, learn, learn and don't stop.

Rule 2 - Learn to use Google Analytics and Website Optimizer. I mean this - really learn how to use these vital tools. Without knowing what happens on your site/s and without a tool to continually improve conversions you're flying blind.

Rule 3 - Put yourself into the shoes of your potential customers. If you cannot develop a site that talks to your audience your site won't meet it's potential.

If there was a fourth rule it would be:

Get really good people when it's time to expand and you can no longer do all the work. If they don't perform get rid of them; they are just sucking you dry.

Sometimes I've got really good consultants (that's how I treat ALL of my hires and I also treat them with RESPECT. You will too if you want the best from them) after I've had the patience to take some who had good basic skills but who need to be polished up a bit for online work - writers are a prime example of these sort of people.

A bit about me.

I have been at this for over 5 years and now make over $20K/mth and it's still growing.
lance

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:37 pm

These are really some good tips you guys have shared here.However to me the pillar of success in affiliate programs is choosing the best product that really converts.
ishuvonet

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:20 pm

n fact, it is inherently possible for the beginners to enjoy the benefits of affiliate programs. Being a fresh in the business of online affiliates, there are certain factors namely three golden rules for safe success, which should be kept in mind for the required level of success.

Make it sure that you own your website. This will give an edge over the other people and competitors who are there in the business but with certain limitations. In case you will be the sole owner of the selling and marketing platform, it becomes quite possible for you to feel free and adopt strategies which you think may be the best. Also, you and your website will not be controlled by anybody else. This will fetch you the required automation and freedom to market and promote the products and services.

The concerned person should have positive feedback, attitude and expectations from the affiliate programs so that he or she may remain prepared for any odds or difficulties that may arise in the future. It is suggested that you should be well aware of the possible drawbacks, difficulties and setbacks which will come to discourage you and your thinking. But remember, attitude is something which will definitely give the new shape and dimension to your collaborative efforts. Hence, knowledge of the future hindrances and discouragements is really helpful in tackling the normal and untimely issues.

If you think the program will fetch nothing to you in money and reputation, be assured you will get the same. Try to consider the safest and easiest means to earn money and serve your intended purpose.

Let you decide the best companies in the world for which your website will be proved a better affiliate for! There is no denying the fact that reputation, stability and credentials of the company which it has proven since the establishment, only is going to work for you in the long run. Just spend some time of yours to choose specific companies for which your website will run the affiliate programs. No one in this world disliked working, promoting and marketing the products and services of the best company or enterprise.
kadhababu

Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:32 pm

We should not take for granted the power of a good product to sell.
stellaandreapark

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:18 am

The content of your affiliate program marketing should be geared toward long-term traffic through strong search engine optimization for short SEO.
evantanski

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Affiliate marketing is the back-end profit-making opportunity for bloggers. It is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get into business on the Internet.
devbpo2012

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:16 am

You also need to sticking power. But take the time to learn what works and what doesn't - otherwise you'll be stubbornly sticking to the wrong path.
GeniusStartup

Next

Return to How to Earn More