How to succeed in Affiliate Marketing

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:50 am

I have been doing affiliate marketing for the last 4-5 years. I have joined CJ.com, Clickbank.com and other merchants affiliate programs. Now the main problem is getting traffic to my site and there is not a single sale that I am able to do. I am not able to get good amount of visitors visiting my site. Friends, could you suggest some of the best ways of getting traffic. My main motive is to succeed in affiliate marketing and do well.
iyers

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:34 pm

You've done the exact same thing nearly everyone who is new does... and it almost always leads to failure.

You built a house before you knew if there were any renters in the marketplace.

What you need to do is find the market!

A good place to start is with serious keyword research. Most people try to get traffic by trying to rank. So they waste a ton of time trying to get links everywhere. Links that ultimately bring in little traffic.

If I were in your position I would research all the top keyword tools... I use Keyword Research Pro ... which is nothing more than an interface to Google Adwords Keyword tool and some other free tools like Keyword Discovery, etc. I use it because Google has the backend data you want.

But back to the point I'm trying to make. Keyword tools won't do you any good until you learn how to use them. So go find all the popular tools then do this... WATCH ALL THE TUTORIALS. Watch them from the perspective of learning how to identify the keywords you want. You can learn so much from just watching how the tools work.

Once you have a good understanding of how to find your keywords... back up.

Now here is a trick most people will not tell you about and you can leverage for yourself.

Low volume highly targeted keyword phrases can bring you traffic all by themselves. But you need to learn how to use them. They need to appear as the Title of your Articles. Then you need to get a few links back to that article.

You do not want to fly blind by just trying to rank for a general phrase. You want to rank your specific phrases by linking to them with keywords that match the theme.

The next thing you want to do if figure out where your customer goes online. Who are they, what do they do? Are they at eBay, Amazon, Facebook? If so how can you get in front of them. Are they in a Forum community? Can you join and participate.

Think of it like this... you don't need to water the grass that is already green. You need to water the brown spots. Find the brown spots and water them.

Silly analogy. But most people have no idea how to TARGET anything.

Target, then build.

Good luck.
InternetMarketingIQ

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi Venkatesh, Doesn't it seem odd to you that you're promoting all sorts of products that tell people how to succeed in Internet marketing, when YOU don't know how to succeed in Internet marketing? You may do better in a less competitive niche.

InternetMarketingIQ wrote:What you need to do is find the market!

Yes. You need to go right back to the start and master the basics. One place you could start is by working your way through my free Affiliate Program Tutorial. You can find it by clicking on the "Beginners" link at the top left of this page.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:03 am

Thanks Allan, You have really opened my eyes. I fully agree with your statement.

You have given me a sort of encouragement. I really appreciate that.
Thanks
Venkatesh
AllanGardyne wrote:Hi Venkatesh, Doesn't it seem odd to you that you're promoting all sorts of products that tell people how to succeed in Internet marketing, when YOU don't know how to succeed in Internet marketing? You may do better in a less competitive niche.

InternetMarketingIQ wrote:What you need to do is find the market!

Yes. You need to go right back to the start and master the basics. One place you could start is by working your way through my free Affiliate Program Tutorial. You can find it by clicking on the "Beginners" link at the top left of this page.
iyers

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:07 am

Dear Friends, Thanks for the detailed information. I really appreciate your kind assistance and very detailed explanation. I will follow your guidelines.
Thanks
Venkatesh

InternetMarketingIQ wrote:You've done the exact same thing nearly everyone who is new does... and it almost always leads to failure.

[Excessive quoting of previous post deleted. Please quote selectively. Admin.]
iyers

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 am

Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get into business on the Internet.What it means is that you affiliate yourself with a company and market their products or services. You don't have to worry about developing your own product or service, about shipping, billing or credit card clearance, or after-sales service. You don't even have to explain much about the product…and you should not sell. Leave that part up to the company. To be a successful affiliate marketer, you must develop a list of people who have visited your website, preferably often, and in whom you have fostered trust.
lancehibner

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Start using article directories to get traffic to your site. Also, create unique content and submit your site to high PR sites such as Digg.com to build backlinks, which will improve your page rank.
Getagrip7

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:02 am

i've been into credit card affiliate program too just like you. I joined commission soup and my site is focusing on credit card for students. If you want to build traffic to your site, basically you search for good keywords, then do some blog commenting with your keyword hyperlinked, blog posting, social bookmarking and forum posting.
studentcredit

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Just write plenty of articles with backlinks to your site. Make sure you post them to ArticleBase or Ezine and choose a good trageted long-tailed keyword and repeat it throughout the article as much as you can.

If you're using eZine you'll know when you've repeated it enough because it will tell you!
didge

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:56 am

The main problem is you are NOT marketing, nor are you creating Value.

The Mechanics of site building and linking practically anyone can do.

Time to think about your customer/visitor and what it is you can really offer them that you competition can not.
InternetMarketingIQ

Earning is something that we need

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 am

Earning is the best word for each and everyone of us. For us to earn more we need to learn a lot f strategy like joining affiliate marketing. Before I just heard about it that you'll generate a lot of income that's why I start joining and learning how to deal w/ it. I think all of us will agree that we want to earn more money and to do that, we need to work hard on it. That's why i'm looking for the best thing to do for me to earn more money.
gillian2009

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:26 pm

My opinion:
1. Video
2. Articles
RealMoneyMaker

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:58 am

I changed my course from adsense to CPA and I tripled my earnings for May and June.. Adsense is not a good option is you are aiming big...
hard2kill

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Getting traffic is must when you work with sites like clickbank or CJ.The best ways to drive traffic to me is article marketing and forum posting.
ishuvonet

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Using your own website allows for customization. Differentiation, especially if the person is good site design that will appeal to more customers and viewers. Have a reciprocal link with other companies in the niche can be a double-edged sword: If the seller is new to this format, you can make a profit, but for more adult sites, it could be the best option.
richellemedina

Next

Return to How to Earn More