wordpress vs html

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:00 am

Hi guys,

The last time i asked a question here about wordpress vs. websites, i didn't know a thing about wordpress. Now, i have a client who is asking which of the two is best for SEO.

Can someone tell me if it matters if i build a site selling the client's products on wordpress or an html website. Does Google's spiders crawl better on wordpress? What are the pros and cons of both?
informer

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm not an expert, but I belive that the general consensus is that Wordpress is best.

I would be interested to hear other people's view though.

Ros
writer-ros

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 am

Depends on the purpose of your site. If you are building an ecommerce site the WordPress is not the right tool in most cases.

However WordPress allows you to do some things very easily and opens up an entire world of promtional opportunities in the BlogShere.

For example with a few simple plugins you can set up your pinging so that with each new article you post all the ping services are notified automatically.

You can ping your Static Sites... but not with this ease.

WordPress gains you admission into Blog Directories.

I'm tired... but the point is there is so much more you can do with WordPress for the average site that it's just too hard to overlook. I now do almost all of my Development on WordPress.

And you can not undervalue the potential of commenting which is built in to the WordPress Platform and makes it easy for you to communicate with customers that might otherwise just leave.

I'm actually in the Process of converting Internet Marketing IQ to WordPress... and I love Joomla, but the value of comments and the ease of automating certain features ... made me abandon Joomla for this particular project.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:55 am

Thanks quest.
So far in my search for answers in other sites, wordpress seems to be the ultimate answer to most kind of website. The ease of navigation and friendliness of setting it up makes it a first choice to build a site. Except maybe for a full pledge ecommerce site. But then again, more plugins are coming up to cater to those things too.
informer

Re: wordpress vs html

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:09 pm

informer wrote:Hi guys,

The last time i asked a question here about wordpress vs. websites, i didn't know a thing about wordpress. Now, i have a client who is asking which of the two is best for SEO.

Can someone tell me if it matters if i build a site selling the client's products on wordpress or an html website. Does Google's spiders crawl better on wordpress? What are the pros and cons of both?

I agree, wordpress is the best...not the fact that they don't use html, but just that the site is optimized a whole lot better for SEO. It also helps if you have your own domain and is not using the wordpress subdomain :)
writingmoney102

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:27 am

Unfortunately, I only know a few basics about HTML. However, what I do know from my own experience is that Wordpress websites do very well in the search engines, so I think it would be a good idea to invest your time optimizing the websites you build with Wordpress, rather than spending the extra time to do HTML.
Getagrip7

Website site is the best.

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:00 am

Hello,
According to me website is the best because die to simple reason in wrodpress I am experiencing commenting problem seriously for few days.
Dave Richards

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:53 am

The advantage a WordPress site can be in the freshness of the content. Since WP is blog-oriented, it is easier to update a site and renew it as often as you want or need; with HTML, even using a WYSIWYG tool makes updating difficult, and the site usually would stay the same.
Jose Perez

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:29 am

Hello,
As I said before to you that website is best than wordpress. But also keep in mind that wordpress can easily banned you where as chances are less for your website.
As I it happened to me few days back.
Dave Richards

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Wordpress is undoubtedly ahead in my view. Its simple as well. Put some plugin for SEO purpose like All in one SEO and you are done.

But wordpress has some design limitation. Its not as flexible as html.
Rennell Garrett

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:37 am

well, i think wordpress is better for blogs though like stated above it has limitations. it can be used easily with no hassle and can be modified in no time. just log-in as an admin and you are all set.
autumn_limco

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:54 pm

I started writing my beginner's guide to WordPress SEO a while back, and have since done a load of posts on the subject, an article in the Search Marketing Standard, newsletters, and presentations. It's time to let all the info of all these different articles fall into one big piece: the final guide to WordPress SEO.
Macwill48

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:29 am

of course, html always is seo friendly. That's why wordpress have permalinks to help your blog look like html.
1cpanetwork.com

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Wordpress is faster when updating content...and is better at SEO because it helps you edit things faster. It has some plugins that can make your site perfect
digital29

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:33 am

You know, I have been doing the html thing since '03 and it has brought me a lot of good things. However recently I started getting into wordpress hardcore and I am so impressed with the simplicity of it all.

If you are building for a customer I would go wordpress because it offers a far better platform for them to do site updates themselves.

I also feel that in general the coding is much cleaner with wordpress. Of course there are exceptions but generally most templates are going to be error free. If you are sloppy at html chances are there may be some errors that could cause an issue.
sophist

Next

Return to Blogging For Beginners