How can I promote my site?

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:45 am

Hey guys,

Ive been working on a website for ages now and apart from couple of things on there, its pretty much completed.

My website is a video sharing website built for artists or any creative person that has a show reel. For instance, if you are an animator or director and would like to share your film to the world my website offers this services.

I have just offically launched it today and I need some feedbacks and some advice how I can promote it?

Any ideas would be great thank you!
sarahharris55

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:50 pm

You can promote online using article submission, forum sigs exposure. ezine targeted ads, offline drop cards, and social networking etc.

I hope this helps
jonathanfigaro

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:07 pm

You can start promoting your site with article marketin. Write compelling articles and submit to as many article directories.

With some directories you are allowed to add a resource bio about your site and when visitors are finished reading your articles they will be inclined to click on your link to visit your site.

Don't just write about any article but write articles that addresses your site's topic.

This might help Increase Website Traffic with
Article Marketing & Directory Submissions... http://www.d3webdesigns.com/increase-we ... affic.html

Hope this helps.
dizi23

Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:49 am

video marketing works very well. with video marketing your ads are viewed 24/7. plus there are tons of video websites. at the top would be youtube. the way people in todays economy take in information is through visual media such as media clips, movies, commercials, etc.
hybridworldwide

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:41 am

put your link at forum signature, doing some social media, this gives you enough traffic.
maureendonovan9

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Set up a blog and post to it every day.

Writing articles and submitting to online directories is one of the best ways.

Commenting on other people's blogs in similar subjects is also a good way of getting backlinks - though you should always make a useful contribution to the conversation (otherwise your comment will get deleted as spam).

Get a Twitter account and start following people with similar interests.

These are just a few ideas - hope it helps!

Ros
writer-ros

Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:31 am

Submit to site directories
Submit with your site’s name using your keywords, and then you could be ranked more highly on Google for those keywords, which means more traffic.

Joining Communities
Joining forums is a great way to promote your service and to network. If you become an active member in forums you can use your reputation to promote your website. Many forums receive large amounts of traffic and people pay attention to well respected members with high post counts.

Submit your blog to search engines
Most people get the majority of their traffic from search engines. When people search for your keyword and find your site or blog, there’s more traffic.

Writing articles
Writing articles is a great, free way to promote your online business, and can bring in a substantial number of targeted customers to your site, usually within a few days. The key is to submit your article to as many databases and directories as possible.
Jenie0109

Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:08 pm

There are many ways you can promote your website, and dont pay into any systems until you have done your research.There are so many websites and companys selling deals, but theres always a deal somewhere else to beat another.By deals, im talking about "backlink packages" etc.

You will be wise to follow a blog that is doing what your doing, promoting his/hers website freely.
Ive scoured the net, and there are alot of blogs that seem to do this but they all have a hidden catch such as ads or a file that you need to register for.
lancehibner

Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:32 am

Some more ideas would be to send out press releases announcing the launch of your service.

Set up a FaceBook business page and build a friend base.

Submit your site to "niche" directories related to your site's theme.

Network on "Linkedin".

Write a Squidoo page to drive traffic to your site.

Answer Yahoo questions.

Write a review of your service for Google Base.

Write a Google Knol article.

That ought to keep you busy for the next several months! :lol:
Scoop

Auto submitters

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Some software like article submitters are legal?
mpourkos

Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:28 am

SEO helps promote your site. Its what we call the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic of a website on search engines via organic or natural search results on targeted keywords.
generose

Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:37 pm

have you tried article submission, press release and social bookmarking sites? this is a good start for your site
tricia07

Re: How can I promote my site?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:51 am

sarahharris55 wrote:Hey guys,

Ive been working on a website for ages now and apart from couple of things on there, its pretty much completed.

My website is a video sharing website built for artists or any creative person that has a show reel. For instance, if you are an animator or director and would like to share your film to the world my website offers this services.

I have just offically launched it today and I need some feedbacks and some advice how I can promote it?

Any ideas would be great thank you!

You can promote your site by doing backlinking, article submission, forum posting, and blog commenting. This are the effective way of increasing your page rank in search engines.
Jamian

through various methods you can do it

Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:15 am

try to target the keywords first and then try to optimize it.. you can optimize the site in two ways off page site optimization and on site optimization
with in off page optimisation you can try
Blog Comments
Forum Comments
Press Release Submission
Article Submission
Social Networking
Yahoo Answers
Social Book Marking

Thanks
Chiropracticmarketing

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 pm

I agree with you guys. The best way to promote your site is by off page SEO methods like link building, blog commenting, article writing and others. You can as well do social media marketing like facebook, it is actually the best trend to promote your site.
careybaird

Next

Return to Web Site Promotion