My next affiliate marketing plan...what do you think?

Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Here's what I'm thinking:

I am interested in the dating advice for men niche.

1) Create a one-page killer sales page that summarizes the dating niche and hard sell everything they will learn (and receive) if they sign up to my list

2) Create an opt-in signup page at the bottom of the sales page

3) Create two free mini ebook bonuses as incentive for those who signup (with ebook graphics, of course)

4) Write 20 follow up emails alternating between giving free advice and promoting the best products in the niche over the next 6 weeks

5) Write an article every day for a couple of months (or longer if profitable) promoting my one page sales letter

How this is different:
1) I am not creating a pre-sell page for any particular product. Instead, I am promoting "FREE" advice and "FREE" ebook download ("FREE" could be useful if I decide to advertise on google if profitable)

Estimated time required:
7 days for one page sales page
14 days for two free ebooks
20 days for follow up emails (1 a day)
30 days for article submissions (1 a day)

Estimated $ required: 0

I could start slow (start promoting it after sales page and ebooks are done) and only continue writing the followup emails and/or articles if I'm getting a significant number of subscribers. Within a month or two, I hope to start making some sales (less than 2 hours a day of work).

Basically, all my potential sales would exclusively from my affiliate links in my list

Google ads could be added after it has proven to make sales.

What do you think?

-Serge
sir_serge

Tue May 19, 2009 11:56 pm

Sounds good to me. Credibility will be hugely important. Perhaps having a photo of yourself with a couple of beautiful women might help.

With the follow-up emails, you may find it more effective if you just give good free, encouraging advice for several emails before you gently introduce your product recommendations. That way, your readers will learn to trust your opinions.

Also, instead of having 20 follow-up emails, you could have 100 or 200 or more in your autoresponder sequence. I learned that tip from Internet veteran Jonathan Mizel.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Wed May 20, 2009 9:26 pm

All I can add is Go for it
niche

Thu May 21, 2009 5:56 pm

I am interested in the dating advice for men niche.

And have you given any thought to who these men are, where they live, what they are looking for? That seems like a pretty broad niche to me. One that is already saturated. Figure out your angle and how you can capture their attention before you delve in.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Sun May 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Dating is a very competitive topic so try to find a niche within dating, like quest said. It will take some work, but can have a nice payoff.

Kris
ubonline

Thu May 28, 2009 11:20 pm

Plan looks good to start out. 1 article per day isn't that much work but you'd be surprised how difficult the masses believe it is, but ultimately this will lead to a continual flow of traffic enough to know rather your sales funnel is working and converting or not

and additional step..

Survey your traffic by having an exit popup on your list page. Ask the people that leave your squeeze page why they are leaving without optin to receive your guide

On the same pop up have your opt in box and reassure them of its quality.
AffiliateEdge

Re :

Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:09 am

Looks like this is your first experience in the exciting dating activity! Why don’t you look up the site Modern Man for some help. The site is loaded with very interesting tips for successful dates. Look it up and help out your friend.
Brandan

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:46 pm

I think on the right path. good luck.
AlexF

Return to General Affiliate Discussion