Wanting To Start Buiding A List. What Is My Starting Point

Sat May 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Ok. I now understand that if I am going anywhere with AM I need to get a list. I have a domain which is simply a click-through page to someone else's sales page. How can I use this domain to start a list? Can I create a splash page or free give away page in return for an address? Suggestions?
mvcathey

Sun May 17, 2009 6:23 pm

You don't build a house until you have a blueprint.

You don't develop a list until you have a blueprint.

Who is your customer, what can you offer them, why would they want to be on your list.

Then work backwards.

And a lot of people make a lot of money without lists. You have to develop a business plan or you'll just continue to chase one thing after the other.

There is always a real live person on the other end of the transaction.... forget about them and you fail.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:53 pm

first you should get traffic to your site. No visitors = no signups.

Once you have some visitors, you can do a promotion to win something. Best to do is something like: we give away x, winner drawn from all list signups during current month.
ongamebonus

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Both of those are great points to think on. You need to offer a benefit to users so they will return to your page. If you are just a click through site then if they want to purchase again, they will just go straight to the other site. Try providing some useful info or even just make the process simpler. If you can do that, you have a good start for a newsletter.

Prizes are a great way to get people to sign up. For a few hundred you can give away an iPod at random to a subscriber at the end of the month. I have seen some lists boom with a promotion like that.
GregK

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:42 am

Hi mvcathey,
I would have two suggestions to offer:
1) Start a blog about your field of interest or expertise and publish it through Google. Offer free and valuable information to your visitors through your posts or in the form of reports (go to my signature below and get one for yourself);
2) Consider SERIOUSLY enrolling in a mentoring program. If you've been trying to learn AM by yourself, by now you must have realized how easy it is to get lost in the technicalities. A website will not make you money on its own, it's the business behind it that will. Visit my blog (see my sig down there) and find out about the community of students being coached by Alex Jeffreys. You'll be surprised to see how fast anyone can progress when an experienced and successful mentor guides you through your online journey!
Jose Perez

Mentoring Program

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:44 am

Yes I'm seriously considering finding a mentoring program. But I don't want to read those sales pages again as I am often led to buy something which I find to be a rip off. I've found myself buying products due to the persuasiveness of the sales pages but find the products to be rehashed information and not really worth the money I paid.

Can someone who has found the right program speak out and give us directions?
jahcyber

Re: AM mentoring program...

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:35 pm

I recently downloaded a course on Affiliate Marketing that is pretty good. Here is a link to the free report if you want to check it out...

http://www.abclearnguitar.com/support-f ... chks_r.pdf

Just right click and choose "save target as" if you want to download it.
guitar2tr

Re: Wanting To Start Buiding A List. What Is My Starting Poi

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:49 pm

mvcathey wrote:Ok. I now understand that if I am going anywhere with AM I need to get a list. I have a domain which is simply a click-through page to someone else's sales page. How can I use this domain to start a list? Can I create a splash page or free give away page in return for an address? Suggestions?

Yes the first key is your capture page - many marketers
don't understand they capture page good or not.

many people just request more than they are doing.

capture page must be unique, attractive which catchy lines !
f5mtadas

Return to List Building and Newsletters