Examples of SBI websites that are earning money.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:32 pm

Hello all. I just joined this forum today and am new to the idea of creating websites and earning revenue from them. As long as i can get rich by next Tuesday with this online thing i am happy. :D

Seriously my motivation is to supplement my full time income with a part time job. Instead of pumping gas on Saturday's i would like to be my own boss.

Also i have no interest in adding more junk to the net and i have zero tolerance for spam.

So my question is... could someone share some sites created by SBI that are earning revenue? My motivation for looking is that i need to view them as a business model. I have clicked some link in signatures here and i presume they have been created with SBI. Most of them all look very simple in design and i saw no evidence of any adsense or affiliate marketing. So i am a little confused on where their revenue is coming from.
canguy

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi Canguy,

Ok, here are more successful SBI sites than you could shake a stick at :)

http://results.sitesell.com/ (non aff)

All will be earning revenue by a variety of methods.

Next Tuesday may be a difficult target to meet :)
Larry Chamberlain

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:27 am

I agree with Larry that using the SBI approach gives you an edge when you are trying to build your online business.

The key is content which drives the traffic which you then monetise.

It works. :)
Mervyn2009

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:25 pm

I'm always a bit confused with SBI Alexa rankings. There are such huge gaps in those Alexa findings and other sources such as quantcast, compete and semrush.

For example in the cooking section I see cookernook.com with an Alexa rank of 93856 in the lead. Checking their organic search traffic I see 1100 vistors valued at $200. Not so great. Then take their no 2 easybirthdaycakes.com raking at 97357 but traffic 27700 p/m valued at 10.6k.

So 1100 visitors ranks higher then 27700? Their can be slight differences but this is way to big. And when you take an hour and check others you really get baffling results.

Perhaps I'm missing something but my faith in Alexa rankings is practically zero. Install the Alexa toolbar and set your own site as startpage on a few pc's and see what happens....

Hans
HansDekker

Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi

Perhaps I'm missing something but my faith in Alexa rankings is practically zero. Install the Alexa toolbar and set your own site as startpage on a few pc's and see what happens....

I understand. I haven't checked my Alexa Ranking lately, but I can assure you I did not load the Alexa toolbar or set up my site as a start page. Therefore I consider the results for my site to be "organic."

Maybe what's adding confusion is comparing Alexa rankings with Compete, Quantcast, etc. I know for a fact that those sites are WAY off on my traffic. They only show a fraction of what I really get. I don't know why, but it's true.

So if Compete and Quantcast are giving false reports on site traffic, it could cause one to be baffled. And remember, Alexa is just an overview or trend type of ranking. It's accurate for what it measures and still a good rule of thumb, but I've seen some skewed results that didn't make sense, either.

But to consider that the rankings on http://results.sitesell.com are false or something, I wouldn't go that far. There are too many examples and too much consistency for them all to be erroneous.
BrendaLR

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:23 pm

I can tell you that I make money with my SBI! site, enough to pay a healthy mortgage, in fact.

~C
smiln32

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:53 am

smiln32 wrote:I can tell you that I make money with my SBI! site, enough to pay a healthy mortgage, in fact.

~C

what's your website address?
www.freeadverts.co.nz

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:09 pm

And this one is just now starting to pay for itself:

[URLs deleted - Please, use your signature file - Moderator]
smiln32

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Canguy,

I own 2 SBI sites and couldn't be happier. The skin care site is 5 years old and helps pay for my two children's college tuition. (Beats bagging groceries any day!)

I've just started the second site 4 months ago but it is starting to pay for itself too.

Now I'm not great in the sales category or affiliate marketing (yet), but I intend to learn as much as I can so those sites will fund my retirement.

I do think choosing any Tuesday a year from now would probably be a better idea to see the income start to build! :wink:

Good Luck!
Scoop

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:16 pm

this is one of my regrets when i was just starting in affiliate marketing 3 years ago.

instead of getting my own sbi site and learning the correct way of marketing online, i opted to buy my first major internet marketing course purchase of another guru.

now, eventhough i have a far greater knowledge in affiliate and internet marketing, i still feel that i should get myself an sbi site - through one of my love ones.

i'd probably start with my daughter who's showing interest in what i do. i'm pretty sure, she'd be a better marketer than me in the future if she start with an sbi site.

just my 2 cents.
adoborepublic

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 am

adoborepublic wrote:this is one of my regrets when i was just starting in affiliate marketing 3 years ago.

instead of getting my own sbi site and learning the correct way of marketing online, i opted to buy my first major internet marketing course purchase of another guru.

now, eventhough i have a far greater knowledge in affiliate and internet marketing, i still feel that i should get myself an sbi site - through one of my love ones.

i'd probably start with my daughter who's showing interest in what i do. i'm pretty sure, she'd be a better marketer than me in the future if she start with an sbi site.

just my 2 cents.

Kiaora Adobo,

I assume you still don't have an SBI as yet?

If that be the case maybe we can jointly purchase 2 SBI's for $399 (1/2 each = $199.50), when Sitesell have their next special, which will probably be around christmas time if not before?

If you're genuinely interested? Plz let me know what you think. Thankyou.

Kind regards,

TK
www.freeadverts.co.nz

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:23 am

hey tk,

how's that gonna work? why don't we just ask allan or whoever from sbi to give us members of this forum a discount to try it? maybe ken evoy has a rep somewhere in this forum to vouch for us.

best,

manuel
adoborepublic

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:47 am

adoborepublic wrote:hey tk,

how's that gonna work?

As explained above.

Again if you're genuinely interested send me a private message!!!

adoborepublic wrote:why don't we just ask allan or whoever from sbi to give us members of this forum a discount to try it? maybe ken evoy has a rep somewhere in this forum to vouch for us.

Why bother? Their halloween special is been held over for 2 days. So if you're for real about SBI??? Let's save ourselves $100 each & do the deal before the special ends at midnight 2 Nov!!!

What do you say?

Kind regards,

TK

P.S Or if there's anyone else out there for real about SBI?? PM me, cheers!
www.freeadverts.co.nz

Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:59 am

You won't get a discount. The best you can do is buy two for $399 or split the deal with someone else.

I have several sites with SBI! and it's worth every penny and then some.

Carla
smiln32

Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:01 am

hi members

Actually I don't have any ideas of SBI sites and also I haven't heard of this sites before. Looks like they are good and I need to touch down on this field. So I am hoping to get more information, the basics, before I get started.

Al.
safari

Next

Return to Site Build It