Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Of course! If all this tacky bragging doesn't pan out, you'll want to be here later to see me have to eat this thread. Smile

That would be funny!

I have to totally agree about having passion about what you do making it so much easier to work on something. My passion was getting information out about throwing the javelin and I think I have achieved that on some level.

Thanks for the inspiring thread. Please don't eat it!!!!!
AMWhelan

I agree

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:06 pm

I have found it is definately more interesting and less of a nuicanse if your niche is something you enjoy outside of making money. It makes it more fun when you are writing content or searching for the next thing in that niche to promote. Even if something is a profitable niche but I don't like it or know anyting about it, I would still probably avoid it.
bwaldman

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:56 am

Yes, this is actually how I feel as well. I really can't see it any other way. If there is no passion, I assure you won't last long.
bqe1212

Re: Having Our Passions, And Our Profits Too

Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Publisher-For-You wrote:What's the point of working on the Net if we're not doing something we're truly interested in?

If you have a passion you'd love to make a living writing about, but you're not sure if it can work, maybe this will help?

Oh, yes, it's truth!
If you start own business it should be based on your passion. Otherwise you will give up quickly. The passion gives the best motivation and makes us still working even if we fail again and again.

First you need to realize what is your passion and than look for business ideas connected to it. There is really so many ways to monetize your passion...

I decided to make money online, because I didn't get any job I would be interested in. I can't work only for money, I have to like what I do. :)
hummingbird81

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:59 am

Really the choice of right niche is very important. I am really getting lots of information on this board.It's really amazing to creat much more awareness among the affiliate marketer as well,and surely it will help to every online marketing professional.

Thanks for All knowledge sharing.

Dag Arbisa
dagarbisa

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:26 pm

So am i missing the point here. My site is about my passion, and I have a forum, a very popular forum, and a blog, and after 4 years i'm still making as much money as i did 3 years ago, nothing has changed.

Passion ... doing something we like is no use if;

1) we're actually no good at it

2) We're not making money from it (in this case)

I'm not here to say I don't make money from my site, i do, but my forum receive 137,000 page views last month and I still make as much money as i did when i didn't even have a forum, and for some strange reason, no one, no one has been able to tell me why.

I have a passion for many things, I have a passion for bodybording having lived in Newquay, Cornwall for 10 years, but i was never any good at it. I still can't do a 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfyJthGGL0

however, I got an A* for art, with a special certificate which meant my work could be exhibited all over the country (when i was 16), the float i designed and painted won first prize in the Carnival, and recently I came in the top 3 for life-drawing out of over 60 students.

So although my passion is bodybording, I know i'm no good at it. however drawing body-borders is a different story!

i guess with my site, i've started and I'll have to continue. It is my passion but after 4 years i'm still stuck on £100-150 per month. O.k. i'd rather have the money than not, but i jut thought that with the vast increase in traffic, i'd see a vast increase in income .... not a bit of it.
westbam

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:36 am

Thanks you to all it's a really good idea . Again thanks for sharing.
Jimbrown

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:10 pm

You can be passionate about a topic but if no one is searching for it online, then you just wasted your time when it comes to turning your passion into profits.

99%+ of the people who come online (Affiliates and Vendors) have one passion in common and that is to make money.
talfighel

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:53 am

If you have hobby and you can leave from it, it's great, the dream come true for everybody who
can accomplish it.
dave02

Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Much wisdom here for those who may find the content sticky, good and useful. I know from experience that even content about message content is packaged and sold to 47 and 97. With a simple guide and tips with Allan Gardyne, I started seeing a few dollars trickle in.
alacstewards

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:56 am

I would have to agree with this. I have several blogs and of them all, my personal blog has the most traffic. I don't have to put any SEO in it. All I have to do is do my thing, and viola, people just come to it. It's anything under the sun.

I do have some niche blogs, though too.
dame016

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Hey Guys! what an interesting discussion you are having. I am new to all this, so came to be a part of your experience sharing.
AlexF

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:50 am

With most people, discovering what they love to do is never an issue. They just don’t know how they can possibly convert their passion into profit.

So can one truly make a living from doing what one really loves?

I finally did.

I discovered how to turn my passion for wellness into a profitable online business.

And you certainly can too!

I will share with you on how you too can create a web business and convert your passion into profit even if you are completely zilch about technology.
atoment01

passion

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 am

I think doing business or work ,passion is very important to promote and can help you much be successful.I agree with your tips.
elitebag

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:29 am

Niche selection definitely plays a very important role in affiliate marketing success. It is one factor that can make or break your AM dream. So much attention should be given when selecting a niche. We can find a profitable niche if we research properly. We often become every emotional about the niche we select rather doing market research.
[URL deleted - Moderator]
bizworld

PreviousNext

Return to General Affiliate Discussion