How Do You Promote Your Site?

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi,

How do you promote your website without breaking your bank account?
marx

Re: How Do You Promote Your Site?

Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:58 pm

marx wrote:Hi,

When I started I used free sources, safelists ( Traffic Hoopla Top 10 only) and the excellent services provided as part of the free professional tools and advertising suite I offer (below)

Don't forget that with free sources what you save in money costs you in time spent though. Plan on budgeting an advertising cost into your monthly planning asap (if tight, why not put 100% of your profits back into advertising for a while to grow your business?)

Cheers,
AllanJames
(the StartBusinessMentor)
AllanJames

Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:29 am

I used free marketing methods like article marketing, forum marketing, blogging, social bookmarking as i don't have spare budget.
cherie27

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:53 pm

cherie27 wrote:I used free marketing methods like article marketing, forum marketing, blogging, social bookmarking as i don't have spare budget.

Thinking along the lines of many of my members who may be reading this post, the following may be very informative for them.

Did you use Safelists and Traffic Exchanges, both free at the basic level, when you were starting cherie27?

Do you have a budget now?

If so, is it a fixed dollar amount a month, or a percentage of your profits?

And, if a percentage, how much?

Cheers,
AllanJames
AllanJames

Tue May 12, 2009 9:31 pm

I avoid things like adwords and pay per clicks or pay per views. There is nothing rock solid out there to prevent people from scamming on those. however they do work a little.

I would recommend that you develop a strong SEO plan and go from there. Now I do promote a site in my sig that does online marketing and advertising. You can post your business ads videos and all on there for free so that would be a good place to start. They have some good SEO tools that could help you or at least point you in the right direction of where you need to go with your SEO plan.
ajp76054

Tue May 12, 2009 10:39 pm

ajp76054 wrote:I avoid things like adwords and pay per clicks or pay per views. There is nothing rock solid out there to prevent people from scamming on those. however they do work a little.
[snip]

Nothing solid out there for Pay Per Click??

A generalisation surely? For every $100 I spend on Google PPC I make $150

You have to learn how to do it properly, but it is far from "not solid"

IMHO anyway :-)

AllanJames
AllanJames

Mon May 18, 2009 5:23 am

well... there are lots of things you can promote your website without drying your bank saving...

What you are doing here is already promoting your website ;) (forum postings with back links signature)

Then you can submit articles or blogs to websites with back links too

You can also do social bookmarking and social networking like Twitter or Facebook

Commenting with quality to people's blogs are also helpful

And free directory listing can be done too :D
G4br13lle~HD

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:10 pm

Social Media Marketing is a great (FREE) way to promote your website without breaking the bank. There are a lot of social bookmarking sites like Digg, Diigo, Stumbleupon, Delicious, FriendFeed etc where you can set up an account and submit different pages of your website.

Then there are social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Squidoo etc where you can have a profile, add friends, join groups etc that are related to your niche and promote your site there. Forums like this one, are also a good way to get your website out there.

Another thing you can do is create Press Release using a pr site like Pitchengine.com (free) and promote through social media.

You could also leave comments on related blogs with links to your website.

Let me know if this helps!
Deslo

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:21 am

You can reach thousands of users for "free" but it really will cost you time. Not sure if you have a lot of that available. You are signed up here, which is a good step to learning and forging relationships within the webmaster community. Contribute positively to the community and reap the rewards.

For a quick fix of traffic for a moral victory you can try a round of social bookmarking from sites such as Digg, and also posting in Craigslist in the business sections.

For a sustainable approach you will need to build a link portfolio. This means hours of directory submissions, article writing, social bookmarking, forum posting, blog commenting, etc to get "free" traffic which won't break the bank or cost you anything.

IF you have money I suggest hiring content writers to write you quality articles and submit them out. If not I suggest you get busy writing...it's not easy but very rewarding. Best of luck.
CharacterPlanet

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:39 pm

You can spend some small penny to promote your sire,well as well there are some ways to promote your site, such as forum,blogging,article posting,twitter,etc
sanguine

Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 am

Link building is the process of getting other web pages, and web sites to place a hypertext link to yours, which generates direct targeted traffic to your site, while more importantly increasing your search engine visibility and rankings. Building links to your site should be an ongoing process of research, communication and attaining quality in-coming links to your web site.

Here are some techniques:
Directory Submission
Forum Posting
Blog Commenting
Blog Posting
Article Submission
Press Release Submission
Social Bookmarking.
Jenie0109

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:26 am

I think if you have only one website then its not a hard job to promote your site. Stick on the basics of SEO techniques, focus on them start from on page optimization (keyword selection , title,description, H1 tags, alt tags) to Off page Optimization( Forums , Blogs , Directories, Articles, Press Releases ).
HarryJackson

Sun May 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Here's an overlooked Powerful way. The simplicity of the forum signature is a powerful marketing tool. It has power, when harnessed properly. Think about it. You can legally connect your offer to communitys for free, by simply submitting your signature profile. Easy tactics, as such are usually overlooked. You most certainly want to give valuable content. Truly valuable posts will insure your acknowledgment by many. Imagine if your in over 500 forums that allow your signature link.
paperkool

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 am

Without breaking your bank account there is a free ways you can promote your websites, By doing backlinking, article submission, forum posting, and blog commenting. This are the effective way of increasing your page rank in search engines like google.
Jamian

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:36 pm

For me, forum postings and commenting on blogs is the key to get traffic and I am getting huge amount of visitors from this. Its a time consuming job but pays dividends at the end.
snagerries

Next

Return to Web Site Promotion