Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:33 pm

Yea I agree with people on here... lol obviously have 2. There was a time when I use to just post randomly but then i have realised to come it wont work so post on relevant forums and thats what I am doing!!!... :)
richkid

awesome

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:17 pm

this was great info Allan, thank you! and yes it did make me click on the link to see who the heck wrote it!
Nice to see a forum with actual useful information.
eCoverSource

Thanks for the info

Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 am

The thing I like most about forums is that it is free traffic. I usually make 5 posts a day to forums to create additional traffic. I also have a squeeze page connected to an autoresponder to help promote my product

Frank
fmn999

Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi

Forums are a perfect place to get your message in front of people... can't be more targeted!

But obviously it is important how you go about getting your important across to others using this forum or other forums.

There are things you should NOT be doing if you wish to use forums as a way to get people to visit your site about what you have to say.

Personally I found this great FREE report on Forum Marketing, that really helped me to understand how to use forums and get maximum traffic and earnings from using these forums.

Hope that helps
edynas

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:57 am

first get on the right forums because you don't want to market anything about losing fat on a money making site. the, be polite and obey the rules. befriend the people with sincerity.
autumn_limco

I'm a newbie

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm actually a newbie in this kind of business. I'm still on the process of learning each thing about affiliate marketing. I read all the techniques that you have shared and i'm really glad that I found it because it gives me more knowledge about affiliation. :lol:
gillian2009

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:52 pm

This is what I love with forums, members do help you and share their knowledge for us as newbie to learn more and be competitive with others.
gillian2009

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I personally see little difference in using Facebook, Twitter and Forums for marketing.
I enjoy them all and they are all effective.
What I have seen first hand is if a person has the mindset of making money using this type of Marketing, it tends to be short term.
Notice that type of person dwindles out fast on forums.
Coming in with the mindset of learning and actually trying to help others pays off and in more than just money.
Marketing on the Internet is a never ending learning process and no one knows it all so actually reading to posts and paying attention can teach you things as well as give you idea's.
Offering up advice if you have it to give pays off as well.
You have given needed advice a person can use and with that you have given yourself credibility on the subject.
You have also shown your sole goal is not to sell and selling shouldn't be your sole goal.
Best of all,, you get to meet some really cool people and make friends who have the same interests. :D
Rob_Lee

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:51 pm

I don't think using this sites are just a short term marketing tool. As I can see, twitter and facebook are really one of the best site for you to gain more traffic. And these sites are getting better and better every year. :D
gillian2009

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:02 pm

I didn't mean to imply that forums, Facebook or Twitter were short term tools.
They aren't.
If utilized properly they can increase traffic faster than Article Marketing, which I also do.
I can do some very long winded posts so Article Marketing is a cinch for me.:lol:
What I mean is, some will come onto forums or whatever and use it as their personal advertising site and start hammering at members to "buy my stuff".
First that's very rude and defeats the intended purpose of the forum.
Forums such as this are intended to help others, not sell the members a bunch of stuff.
It is more than adequate monetarily wise to just put a link in your signature and utilize the Forum for it's intended purpose, learn from the others there and if possible, lend a hand in answering questions.
If someone clicks on your link,, great.
If not, you still have a back link which still has a value.
If the forum is a credible forum such as this one, it makes the back link even more valuable.
The more back links you have in related/credible places the higher your site can climb in the search engines.
If you give the forums what they need and that is useful content, they'll give you back what you need,, the privilege of allowing you to display your link in your signature for a back link and the occasional member clicking it.
It's a win - win situation. :D
Rob_Lee

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:00 pm

OK. I got your point and I must admit all you have said is true. :)
gillian2009

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:21 am

if you want to promote on forum sites, it is important that you join threads which are related to your niche market. Also make use of good keywords for your signature.
studentcredit

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Great tips Allan, a must-read for new forum members.

I thought I would add in new tip to go with your points, considering this thread was created a few years back.

For forum signatures, you can use url shortners to both "hide" referral links and to track the clickthroughs. While I don't suggest the first point, it's always important to measure your marketing efforts - and this is a great way to count clicks through different campaigns.

You can't manage what you can't measure :)
Localism

Re: What is the appropriate way to advertise a product on fo

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Smithsowninn wrote:Hi, I am new to affiliate marketing and just joined moreniche. Even thou I spent a week online researching. I do not understand the step by step ways of doing everything. According to MN first was emailing my friends I choose not to do that next is to put link code and advertisment text in forums. I do not understand. Any help would be much appreciated. By the way I love your sight. You have made it possiable for me to understand the concept of affiliate marketing. Before I had no idea! Thank You

the best way is of course to put some valuable input in. also if you ask good questions, you will also learn a lot. I learn everyday :D
ultimatewealth1

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:43 am

I am a new merchant sells little gadgets worldwide.
Does somebody tell me how to atrract my permanent affiliates?
Or, Someone interested in our affiliate program?
mike255

PreviousNext

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates