Is Martell's Book Still Effective?

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:20 pm

I was looking at the website for James Martell's handbook and it seems like it's a bit outdated. The customer comments are all a couple of years old and the last update to the book was in 2006.

I found this website when I did some searching for him in Google, and it looks like there's not much happening here either (in this section at least).

Am I right in thinking his handbook is no longer very effective? If not, can anyone suggest a better alternative?

Thanks,
Randy
randybaxter

Martell

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:58 am

Martell's stuff is still pretty good.

Probably the thing I would add to it is to make your site/content seem natural. So I wouldn't follow the book to a T. ...however, you can apply most of it most of the time.

What you don't want to do is make everything seem calculated.

Dennis
healthaffiliate

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:10 pm

There is nothing as constant as change.

Martel is based on whatever he figures out, until it stops working.

The bottom line is this:

You need customers to buy a solution to their problems.

1. Find Market
2. Investigate Market Potential-research
3. Find Affiliate Product, CPA, etc.
4. Create Marketing/Sales Plan
5. Create Online Presence - Site, Blog, Squeeze Page
6. Test Test Test

Replicate with new product/service within Market or find a new market and start again.

Marketing methods change with technology. But the bottom line principals do not change. Customers buy from companies that offer solutions to their problems.

Tips, Tricks, etc. are great for tweaking campaigns, but they are not viable as self sustaining entities.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks for the responses. I had forgotten about this thread until I saw the email notice today.

quest wrote:Martel is based on whatever he figures out, until it stops working.

I guess that's what I was wondering - it what he's teaching still working? It seems like 2006 information could be a bit outdated now, given that 2 years is a lifetime in the world of the internet.

I wound up buying a different guide (Rosalind Gardner's) so I'm not that interested in Martell's book any longer, but if it is still effective, I might pick it up to see if it can be integrated into what I've already started.

Thanks again.
randybaxter

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:55 am

As a close follower and member of the Martell student forum I can tell you exactly what James Martell tells his students. His handbook is still the foundation of his online bootcamps with the exception that you should not follow his keyword density rules but rather just write naturally for the reader and use your keywords in the title, H1 etc but most importantly use your keywords in your backlinks.

Cheers,

Dan
prairiedog

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:33 am

Rosalind & James Martell or Allan are recognized experts. Rather than going into whose methods work or whose methods are best, it is important following blueprint of any one of them definitely bring success. Over a long period I have found that all the methods of super affiliates are best. You just need to stick to one and follow. Once I have understood and grasped one method, I would move on to next.
vk86

Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:49 am

It's still working, I have two Martell like sites, that are receiving good traffic. Problem is that (well in my case) end up with a lot of traffic but no conversions.

Therefore you need to go a step beyond the old model. But to get a site going, getting traffic no doubt it works.
HansDekker

Thu May 17, 2012 6:40 am

Hi, James Martell is such a great affiliate marketer. He has written many book s on the affiliate marketing ans according to me, his all books he has written are so much effective up till now.
[URL deleted - Moderator]
peter0436

Return to James Martell's Methods