Adding online shop into a blog

Mon May 26, 2008 6:58 pm

Has any of you seen good (or even bad) examples of blogs, which have online shop? I was thinking to add one on my blog, but I would like to have some suggestions on this matter, before I waste away hours of my forever lost life.

On that specific blog I run wordpress and hosting company offers me cPanel with three possibilities:
CubeCart
OS Commerce
Zen Cart

I haven't done much research on them yet, but for some irrational reason I tend to favour CubeCart.
jarkkojaho

WP Shopping Cart Plug-in

Thu May 29, 2008 2:04 pm

If you're using a WordPress blog you may consider using the WP Shopping cart plug-in by Instinct. I've used it on a couple of blogs and for the most part it works really well.

If you need a lot of customization it can be a bit tricky.

Here's the latest site I used it on...
http://texascustomchoppers.biz/motorcycle-clothing

Here's the plug-in page:
http://www.instinct.co.nz/e-commerce/
barryo

Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:49 am

Thank you barryo, I will study this tip, but don't you just hate, when you have even more possibilities? :)

Anyway, I especially like the prospect of it being WP plug-in. With this I should get the ball rolling conveniently.
jarkkojaho

Re: Adding online shop into a blog

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:01 pm

jarkkojaho wrote:Has any of you seen good (or even bad) examples of blogs, which have online shop? I was thinking to add one on my blog, but I would like to have some suggestions on this matter, before I waste away hours of my forever lost life.

On that specific blog I run wordpress and hosting company offers me cPanel with three possibilities:
CubeCart
OS Commerce
Zen Cart

I haven't done much research on them yet, but for some irrational reason I tend to favour CubeCart.

Well, initially you have to keep all the details regarding your post such prices, description and photographs. There are tons of open source are available for shopping cart are available. You can choose any of one of them.
madelinekim

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:23 am

Well on a personal note, If you can afford one, go get a good web developer to do this for you, a more experienced one. It might cost around $500, so look out for someone who is affordable. If you are running low on budget, you can insist on using standard ready to use platforms.
md_lee

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:13 pm

I saw bloggers who launched online shops but not directly on their blog, but they usually launch a new website on new domain and provide links to it on their blogs. Seems to be working well.
kenzo

Return to Monetizing Your Blog