Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:47 am

Here are some good tips to success:

1. Put your site in Web Directories, those are just like phonebooks but with use to your website. Find ones that have good PR( Pagerank from 0-10) like PR 3+ and if your site is indexed your PR will increase.

2. Get lots of backlinks, this is a nice way to go. Basically if you post a lot on a forum and put a link on your signature you should get some backlinks depending on how many posts you get.

3. Try to buy links on high PR sites.

4. Submit to multiple search engines such as Google, MSN, Yahoo, and Altavista.

5. Use the Google Webmaster My Site program, and add your site to it. Then create a sitemap and they will Index your site on Google Search engine.

6. Learn how to use Link exchanges. This will get you some traffic.

7. Send messages to friends or people you know, this will get lots of traffic. Most of your friends will love to join your site.

8. You need to do lots of advertising. To do this get a text link or make a small banner. Then pay people to put it up on there site, or even trade posts for advertising.

9. A good way to get a link without any money on someone's site is to maybe post 50 on there forum, then ask for a link on there footer. In a month or so, you will see this paid off, because youre site may have an extra quality direct link and will be indexed in search engines.

10. Find something interesting, and put it on your site. For my site I have news updates on the homepage on interesting topics such as snake venom to top money makers. This draws attention.

11. Get loads of fresh content. Google loves this. What I mean by this is to just update your site, make changes and improve a lot!

12. Have a nice theme, people don't like regular plain themes, but colorful ones such as the subsilver theme for phpBB is dull but the subblack theme is better.

13. Keep to your site, and don't just throw it off. This will site that you don't care for it and neither will the users.

14. Find a way to keep your users entertained. On my site I have about 150+ arcade games to play along with chat rooms, tv stations, award shop, and a lottery!

15. Get something that makes some members feel special. Like for my website I have the Elite Members Club by paying $2-$25 or making 300+ posts you can be one. Elite members get special forums, names, title colors, access and much more!

16. Get something that will get users posting. I have FP Gold on my site that you can sell for services instead of money. These can be earned by posting more, and can be used for graphic designs, services, forum posting, script creation, website help, contests, link sales, signature sales, advertising, and way more!

17. Patience, this is the most revered thing in Web Devoloping, it requires a lot of patience and time.
Divya

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:59 am

Thanks for sharing the great tips Divya. Other methods that I personally use to attract traffic to my blog is blog commenting and social networking. Using these methods, we can actually build relationships with other bloggers which in turn will attract repeated traffic to our blog as well.

Felix
zenmagic

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:09 am

Thanks for sharing.
This is truly great tips for traffic generation.

About free traffic generation, all you need to do
is to focus on taking action. The more action
you take the more traffic you are going to receive.

Many people fail in traffic generation mainly
is because they are not taking enough action.

Take some time to plan your traffic strategy, like
what you need to do on a day-to-day basis, then stick
to this traffic plan of yours. :lol:
ShawnLim

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:00 am

zenmagic wrote:Thanks for sharing the great tips Divya. Other methods that I personally use to attract traffic to my blog is blog commenting and social networking. Using these methods, we can actually build relationships with other bloggers which in turn will attract repeated traffic to our blog as well.

Felix

Thanks my friend.... You are absolutely right social communities and blog commenting is a good resource for traffic generation. Even i do that but its little time consuming.

Regards
Divya

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:37 am

Talking about traffic from social networking site.
I believe that most people heard of StumbleUpon.
I tried it and it truly works. I tripled
my traffic within 1 month. However, the traffic from
SU is not very targeted. Like, most of the visitors
come to my blog for just a few seconds only.

I wonder if you've tried with SU before and experience
this very same situation?
ShawnLim

Thu May 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Comment on other blogs related to yours and make them involved with your blog posts, this is the best way.
Another way that requires more time is to write articles each day.
afo87

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:12 am

Bloggers are generally no idea how to drive traffic to their blogs. Especially beginners forget the different methods they can use to increase traffic to blogs.Publish useful content and quality. If you want any visitors to your blog, its content should be informative and useful for them.If your message is well written and contains other useful and interesting, you can find to make their messages to various social bookmarking sites.
JasonSLindsey

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:42 am

Blogs are successful when they have refreshing content so write for the visitors.When visitor like comment than they click on signature and we get traffic from it.Dofollow link help to increase traffic on website and get backlink.
teerydisuza

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Work on other blog sites that have a high pr and must be related to your niche.
lesa mitchell

Previous

Return to Promoting Your Blog