Why I have NOT bought James Martell's book or courses...

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:35 pm

I've been into affiliate marketing a few years now but only recently discovered James Martell several months ago.

The hype, videos, and coffee talk mp3's almost hooked me - almost.

One of his coffee talk mp3's is with Bronwyn Bamber who talks about how she earns 30k month now from using the information he taught her.

I was fired up after hearing that and again - almost bought the book.

I was able to find Bronwyn's personal email address as I could NOT find James' anywhere in all of his auto emails to me to buy his book or sell his affiliate products - not one clue how to contact him directly for info/help.

Back to Bronwyn...

I contacted her directly and she says that she no longer really practices the pad method much because Google's algorythms change to much to keep a steady reliable page position for the traffic/commissions.

She states that she earns her "lion share" of income now using only PPC.

Her advice - read all that Google has to say on their own webpages about using their ppc advertising services.

I don't know James and haven't read his book. I have listened to a lot of his mp3's but the advice is almost like chasing the wind as far as obtaining steadfast traffic to your sites due to Google's algorythims. Not to mention that everything I hear for free on his coffee talks - I can find and research further for free on Google without paying the hefty price for his book.

One think I can say - he has BRANDED himself online and created his OWN AFFILIATE PROGRAM to raise a small army to market his PRODUCT. Anyone who follows those 3 concepts will do extremely well online. However, when practices you preach start to lose reliablity/credibility - it's time to UPDATE your products and services or risk your reputation being destroyed online.
gocolts

Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:59 pm

I can understand why you might lose faith in a product you haven't bought when one of the people providing a testimonial says she doesn't use that product anymore. But I think that drawing a conclusion from that conversation that making a living from affiliate products using SEO isn't possible because of Google's ever-changing algorithm is overstating the case a bit.

I think Martell's products are over-hyped, but for a brand new affiliate who knows nothing about SEO or Internet marketing, they're actually not that bad a place to start. The ebook gives some bad advice, but it also provides some good and great advice. But Martell's book is only the beginning of "making money on the Internet" wisdom. You should think for yourself and expand, experiment, and draw your own conclusions about what will make you money.

I think one of the product's weaknesses is the prodding to just follow his methods to the letter. That's fine if you're brand new and on your very first site, but it's not a recipe for long term success.
rlray216

Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

James' handbook is certainly for newbie. He doesn't put much into writing compelling articles that sell. He doesn't get into test and tracking.

Basically, you can create, drive traffic and see results.

If you are planning to build a site, his guide can be very useful though.

Nowadays, you can't just rely on PAD. If you do, you have to do that aggressively, especially in a competitive niche markets.

I don't think there is one book that could solve all your problems.

If you have money to spare, buy a few good ebooks to gather the knowledge and implement them. I'm not saying that you should act like an opportunity seeker than buys every new ebook as they come out, try it for one to two weeks with little to no result and then abandon it. No.

But getting the right knowledge is very important. Think of it as an investment. It's nothing compare to the business you are building, and the time you save because of it.
Hendry Lee

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:53 pm

GoColts,

I bought Jame's book about 3 years ago. It was a good introduction to IM and website design. Little else.

There are a lot better intro courses presently available that have adjusted to the present Google alog., etc.

The "Turn-Off" to me was that, for that much money, you could not contact James.

His time was much more important than talking to the people that spent the money to buy his product. He actually stated this in his ads.

Lets see if he is able to adapt and stay in the AF Marketing field.
COxford

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:47 pm

I think poor old James is a has been at this stage.

I used to subscibe to his affiliate buzz Mp3s where he used to chat to some guy called Charles, but I cancelled when they seemed to spend more time talking about his Cobra car than anything else.
Fiachra Kavanagh1

Return to James Martell's Methods