I tested a new link tactic, and I like it. It's quick and e

Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:57 pm

I tested a new link tactic, and I like it. It's quick and easy...

Step 1: Register at blog catalogue, and participate to discussion, make frinedship relations with other bloggers.

Step 2: Send a message to a blogger with a blog related to yours, and tell him that you want to write a article exclusively for his blog (with a link back to yours).

In exchange, he will send you an article. You can do this with as many people as you want.

Step 3: Post the article on your blog, and notify your fellow blogger.

Step 4: Rince and repeat.

Let me know what you think, I like this because you build relation and it's much more exciting than normal article submission...

Franck.
abou talhah

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi Franck - this is a great tip, so long as you write your best articles for other blogs.

You can also target blogs which are more popular than your own and offer to write a guest post, as this will help drive more traffic to your blog.

I am willing to accept guest posts on my business blog with a link to the other blogger, so long as the post is well written and informative and would be of interest to my readers. If anyone is interested it is best to contact me with a brief outline of your idea first and a link to your blog.

You can contact me through your profile.
Catherine

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am

Another great way to get more traffic if you like writing good quality articles on your blog is to submit them to a Blog Carnival. This is where a blogger collects a number of articles and posts links to them from his site so that readers can go off and visit lots of other great posts.

I talk more about it in the report linked in my signature.
Clare-Swindlehurst

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:07 pm

An easy way to appeal to the marketers and hence increase traffic is to develop a sustainable model to share revenues with them.
sanju121

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 pm

It is a good tip indeed...but it is hard to find a good blogger who will agree with this type of things
digital29

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:06 pm

No, Digital29, I don't think it's hard at all.

Actually, I started doing that many years ago with a Website. A really big website contacted me to ask, if they could publish some of my tips with a link back to my site.

Of course, I said yes, and I got a permission to post their articles on the same condition.

So whenever I ran out of ideas for my five, weekly tips, I would go to this bigger site and find something of interest for my readers.

We were both very happy with this deal, and over time, my website grew a lot. I guess this deal has helped with the process. I'm sure it hasn't harmed it, at least :)
BrittMalka

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 am

You kinda need to have about the same traffic..
If I have 100 visitors per day...a blogger who has 1000 will never agree to do this
digital29

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Why not?

Have you asked?
BrittMalka

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Because it means you win way more than he does.
He can bring ten times more visitors (using the example in my last post) than you can bring to him...and it`s not very fair
digital29

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:08 pm

I still don't agree with you, Digital, and in several ways.

First of all, not all marketers are egoistic and think that it should always be a 50/50 share.

Second, a small but active list of 100 can often outweigh a big and dull list of 1000.

It's not the size, but what you do with it.
BrittMalka

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:07 am

Very nice tip indeed. I'll try this one out. Thanks for sharing!
eimroda

Return to Promoting Your Blog