5 Highly Effective Ways to Advertise your Business

Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:09 am

1) Blog, Blog, Blog…but here is the key, you need to have good content and use wordpress. You need to actually use wordpress and install it on your hosting server. Don’t use the free services that are remotely hosted…because you can do so much more with wordpress. You can create linkbaits, you can control the look and feel much easier, you can install plugins, it automatically pings, etc. There is an incredible book from Authority Site that I advocate (it is not an affiliate program or anything) but just a free ebook that will help you generate traffic to your wordpress blog and help you set it up! PM me if you want it.

2) Use EBay Auctions and Classified Ads, I use this incredible way to get leads using Ebay…I put a link that talks more about what I am selling to my blog and then I generate traffic that way! The link has to be very relevant to what you are selling otherwise you violate terms. I generally sell an information product and my link to my blogpost just goes into more detail about the information product.

3) Use Craigslist, Backpage, InetGiant, etc. Free Classified ads do work as long as you have really good headlines. There are some things to watch when you post on these sites:
• Don’t use .info urls.
• Change your IP many times
• Change headlines and ads
• Don’t create an account but submit using several different email accounts.
• Avoid subdomain or affiliate links like the plague…instead do something like this “ "www.green.com/tree” (put the index in the tree file)

[Quotes placed around link to unhyperlink it. Admin.]

4) Myspace , Facebook, etc – here is the key here – your myspace page needs to be geared towards your customer, it has to be all about them and it has to brand you as a leader. Don’t make your myspace just a commercial about a business you are selling, make it a commercial about what a great leader you are and what you can bring to the table…make it about attraction marketing! You will be surprised at the kind of traffic that you can bring in!

5) Forums – Big surprise!  Forums are a great tool to generate traffic to your website. The key is content. Whatever your business is or whatever your expertise is – you need to give great content…Here are some tips:
• Put your signature in the bottom with a catchy simple headline…avoid the hype it is so low class and outdated.
• Use PS in your posting…this works great
• Once you post a new topic, go back in a few days and then repost to the same topic with some new info on it to keep it at the top of the forum to get it read more…hence your signature will get read more!
getmegaleads

Re: 5 Highly Effective Ways to Advertise your Business

Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:16 am

getmegaleads wrote:5) Forums – Big surprise...

Yup, incredibly powerful!
Depends on how you go about it too though.
Your signature alone can be a incredibly powerful traffic generator (if you go about it the right way), but so is the PS method... as you already mentioned.
[URL deleted - Moderator] TacticalForums gave me some brilliant ideas. As a matter of fact, I use those exact methods to generate 100s off of forums every day. It's quite simple... if you do it right that is!

PS: - Did you know that facebook ranks #10 on Alexa? That is a honkin huge load of traffic right there. Thanks to [URL deleted - Moderator] FaceBook Advances I'm quickly learning to take advantage of that free traffic giant as well. Its awesome. This traffic stuff just keeps getting better :wink:
SuccessMatters

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:41 am

Hi guys
your grasp of the methods to grow your businesses is awesome. Its great for an old dog like me to learn new approaches.
artkavanagh1940

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:49 am

This is great post, it is give very important information. Really it will workout for me,thank you very much for sharing this info.
Mills

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:29 pm

I like blogging tied in with social bookmarking and making sure my blog articles contain good seo practices.

I also have been very good luck with forum marketing, and it's a lot of fun to do as well. Of course forums are great place to learn, but are also an excellent place to pick up traffic and sales if you do it correctly.
jschuman

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Great pointers. Some would generally work on several niches.

It's always a case to case basis when working on your marketing and promotion.

Relevant link building still top my list ;)
MrCat

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:02 am

Are those "Highly Effective" ways any more effective than the 77 Ways outlined in Allan's article here on Associate Programs?
InternetMarketing_IQ

what about PPC?

Mon May 12, 2008 5:05 am

I see that nobody mentioned PPC as a highly effective way of advertising. Is it because it's not free?

Does anyone have any suggestions about PPC advertising? Is it better to bid a low amount for keyword or high?

For example, let's say I have a budget of $100. If I bid $1 for keyword, I might be ranked 3-10, get 1,000 impressions a day = 10 clicks so in 10 days I would get a total of 100 clicks, 10,000 impressions and spend $100.

But if I bid 20 cents for keyword, I might be ranked 30-60, get 100 impressions a day = 1 click, so in 500 days I would get a total of 500 clicks, 50,000 impressions and spend the same $100.

Which way is better?
toys4tag

ok

Fri May 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Yes those are some of a variety of different ways you can use to get free traffic to your site. Me personally I like to utilize free and paid advertising.
krunk

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:03 pm

I agree with you, these are the some of the most effective ways to promote business. I would like to add article submission, blog commenting and social bookmarking. I found article submission excellent in bringing traffic to the site.:)
kennichi

Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:44 pm

An often overlooked strategy for promoting your business is to provide an excellent product, and a great service. Word of mouth can be very powerful in the medium to long term. Who would you most likely believe, someone who said they were great, or someone who said that about someone else?
JonRhodesUK

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:35 am

Thanks for sharing these tips and ideas on promoting the sites and I think they are really effective like working in SEO.
singko

Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:07 am

Hello Friends....

Highly Effective Ways to Advertise your Business

1. Advertise your business on your blogs.

2. Use free local directories to get your business noticed.

3. List your business on Google Local it's free, fast and effective

4. Take advantage of free classified ads such as Craigslist and kijiji

5. Submit your business URL to as many search engines as possible.

Thanks
jimmy13

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:54 pm

# Article Marketing – Write expert articles and submit them to sites such as Ezine, or pick from this list of 200 article submission websites
# Advertise on yourself – make some simple t-shirts with your company name and website on them, wear them around town
# Add your business to review sites such as Yelp, or Feedback Jar
# Email signature – Use every email as a way to promote yourself and your business
# Social Networks – There is a social network for every niche. Join one and start networking.
# Forums related to your business
# Leave biz cards in library books
# Post cards on windshields
# Leave biz cards, flyers, etc on community boards
carl12

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 am

This is the way to do so. I like blogging and Forum posting tied in with social bookmarking and making sure my blog articles contain good seo practices. It is really effective to way.
johnlee16

Next

Return to Web Site Promotion