Does anyone put advertising flyers on cars?

Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:22 pm

I have been reading about people passing out business cards to advertise offline. What do you think about advertising your website by putting a flyer on cars? Has anyone tried it?
Diane
oregongal

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:52 am

You have to be careful about that sort of thing because it may be illegal to do that in certain places. Just check with the local authories before you do it - technically, it might be effective, but it would be almost impossible to get targeted traffic since you know almost nothing about the owners of the vehicles (although a "nice" vehicle such as a BMW might indicate that the owner of vehicle has a few extra bucks to throw around).
Getagrip7

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:12 am

If you are allowed to solicit, you could do your targeting based on the parking lot. AKA - if you see the cars at Bingo, church, movie theater, etc.

But check the legalities first. No sense in getting sued.
edburdo

Advertising on Cars

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:42 pm

I was thinking of a different option that doesn't violate people's vehicles. I am going to put vinyl stickers on my windows with advertisements of my website like many other local businesses do. If you haven't noticed, many people have problems NOT reading things on cars. Curiosity is quite high in this regime. Why not them be curious about your website? Stickers are quite cheap and come right off. You could even get it a magnetic sticker for the doors and have it look all fancy. It is always an option. I may be trying this in the near future. :idea:
Legend911

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:29 pm

I think depending on your market, that the car advertising would be a good, inexpensive way to promote.

Obviously, it doesn't work for all audiences, but I can think of many that it would be good for.

Newspapers are another option...
edburdo

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:23 am

That's old school.Let me share a secret I do to market for this giant company I get alot of clients for this vendor.If I was you I would go hang out with someone you know that have the same interest and be stand out by the grocery markets doors and talk to the shoppers who are leaving the store and at the same time passout your flyers.Go to big shopping centers.Try it out for a week and see it how it goes.Get their phone number only the interested prospects.Follow up later keep talking to people for a least for four hours daily.

I close about twenty to thirty deals a week.
otto101

Re: Does anyone put advertising flyers on cars?

Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:02 pm

oregongal wrote:I have been reading about people passing out business cards to advertise offline. What do you think about advertising your website by putting a flyer on cars?

Although it can work but distributing business cards is much easier, cheaper and result oriented than putting a flyer on cars for advertising a web site. How many people do you think will realize your web site when the flyer becomes out of sight with the car.
Arun Lakhera

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:16 pm

I'm not happy when I see flyers on my windshield. Usually I don't even see it until I'm buckled in, then I have to get out, etc. However, I have called businesses promoted off of well maintained vehicles before. I think that's a great idea, and not too costly.
sahmkate

the filers

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:22 pm

I have put fliers about my website in the supermarkets and it's old school, however it does work. It's even better when you can strike up a converstion with the person and hand them the flier. I've found that these people have gone to the website and signed up as an affiliate usually within 24 hours.
HateCable

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates