Datafeed / Shopping Cart question

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:16 am

hi, I'm a newbie to affiliate selling (but not to programming).

i have a health care site and i want to sell products from diff. vendors. i want to import datafeeds and create shopping cart environment so people can buy more than one product at a time. is that doable??

any advice welcome.

thanks,
m
marqpdx

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:26 pm

Not practical if you are going to be dropshipping. Different sources have different shipping policies, use different shippers, have different order fill times, etc. It's hard to have one common "site policy" to provide to your customers when you have varying supplier policies that you have to contend with.

Best to have a single cart for each supplier.
pete

f/u q

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:55 pm

thanks for the reply,

what if i want to have a single supplier, say Gaiam, and import their feed. can i accumulate Gaiam purchases into a shopping cart and have the user check out all at once?? how would you pull that off? can you pass multiple products at once to an affiliate vendor?

thanks,
m
marqpdx

Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:50 pm

Personally, I don't know RSS from DVD or MP3. But, I'd say you'll have to look around to find a cart that will handle any kind of live feed. Find the cart, then get specific.
pete

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:45 am

popshops.com is a free program that can do this for you , without knowledge in php xml stuff. works with cj linkshare Performics ShareASale
AffiliateEdge

Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Try popshop and goldencan.
komrad

Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:54 pm

I would reccomend popshops.com which gives a good and helpful service
Animoney

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 pm

I've got a Wordpress plugin that does this in development but its pending on the original cart developer accepting it.

My modifications come from my data import plugin Easy CSV Importer. Easy CSV Importer will import lets say 500,000 rows of data, create a page for each product/row, add each product to the shopping cart data and place the products own add to cart button on the page with cross references within the data.

Then shoppers can add affiliate products to the shopping cart. On checkout it will build a url which sends all submitted products to the sellers site and adds to the shoppingcart.

There are complications. If the products are from one provider that is fine. If it is a mix then the plugin will need to open multiple windows, one for each website. That could end up being 2-3 who knows in some purchases it might be more.

The option to trigger the openining of each products on its own sales page will be provided. Not the best approach but at the end of the day the chance of affiliate commission is still high and this approach is legit.

Easy CSV Importer is a read to buy plugin and the cart is almost done.

http://www.webtechglobal.co.uk/eci
WebTechGlobal

Return to Affiliate Data Feeds